Something new to be terrorfied about: Engineers overrepresented in extremist groups

(The anti-education conservatives I refer to use the word "intelligencia" and believe that universities are radical liberal breeding grounds and that teachers "indoctrinate" students. That group includes Sean Hannity and various people on this forum.)
Phlegmak, I'm starting to see some legitimacy in these claims.

I have a film analysis textbook that has writings by about 50 people. For all of those that I've looked up, at least 25 were dedicated Marxists or other far-far-leftists. One was even associated with a Maoist organization.

Engineers like to challenging problems to chew on. And successful terrorism is certainly a challenge.

If I was an engineer I'd probably watch Die Hard w/ a Vengeance & think about how the bad guys could have done a better job.

I say, the real dangerous people are the managers, because it's them that drive engineers over the edge with silly demands and insane deadlines..

I, for one, am a Engineer that's neither extremist nor do I tend towards violence...
I'm an engineer (a proper one, not one of those IT people who call themselves Computer Engineers :p).
right, that's it, prepare to die a most painful death :trouble:

Phlegmak, I'm starting to see some legitimacy in these claims.

I have a film analysis textbook that has writings by about 50 people. For all of those that I've looked up, at least 25 were dedicated Marxists or other far-far-leftists. One was even associated with a Maoist organization.

Which, I have to admit, has nothing to do with their ability to analyze film.
A psych or biology textbook should not gloss over the words of Dawkins or Chomsky, because they would go on to say prickly things about other fields.

Beware!

I'm an engineer and from, according to some :)rolleyes:), a soon-to-be muslim country!

An now I'll proceed into pushing this big red button and you'll all die in a gigantic explosion!

:bump:

:blush:

Sorry, this was the bump button, not the boom button...

But you know, in a good demo there should always be an error :mischief:

Note to self: send an enhancement proposal to the CFC development team : we really need a boom button.

Wow, terrifying. Almost all my friends are going into engineering. Something must be done. Should I call the CIA and Interpol?

It isn't particularly surprising. Engineers are, generally, socially awkward males who develop ressentiment for what they can't have.

Top Bottom