1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes you get powerful units from the most unexpected places..

Discussion in 'Strategy and tips' started by Shoobs, May 7, 2017.

1. Shoobs

Shoobs Prince

Even wanderers can be heroes too!

Attached Files:

Karlus likes this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. Shoobs

Shoobs Prince

Wanderers/chasers/huntertypes gain a lot of survival-ability if you rush mobility upgrades. A. Lot. of survival-ability.

4. User0918

User0918 Chieftain

What game options do you use Shoobs? I see you're still in Prehistoric and have over 560(!) XP on a Wanderer, that's insane. Granted I play with Dynamic XP, but I'd be closer to 150 XP at that point, at best.

Do difficulty levels influence XP gain?

EDIT: I looked at the screenshots again, those show the very same turn. You gained over 300 XP there, how on earth did that happen? I can't make it out from the pics alone. But whatever it was, it seems really imbalanced that you could get that much XP in one turn, no matter the cause/event that happenend.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm thinking you might not like Dynamic XP... just the description of it, which is actually how things work without Dynamic XP as well (that difficulty of combat influences rewards.) Dynamic XP should probably be renamed and re-described as Greatly Diminished XP Awards, as that's basically all it really achieves is to keep most XP awards to a decimalized amount rather than at a minimum of 1.

6. Shoobs

Shoobs Prince

I had to check the screenshots.

Those were two different wanderers and I had left Prehistoric and moved into Ancient. I needed to be in atleast ancient to have strength values that high.
    These wanderers were kept alive and fought multiple animals all throughout Prehistoric. The only big thing here is that I used the options for potentially peaceful animals and size matters.
    IIRC there weren't any serious apex predators on the island I was on.

7. IronClaymore

IronClaymore Warlord

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. Definitely not great for hunters and strike teams and others that rely heavily on gained experience. Instead of 1xp, you get 0.25xp. Unless you fight difficult battles, which isn't great for creating elite units because they won't last unless you save-scum.

My personal strategy for early guys, especially wanderers, is to group them up, and have them end turn on forest hills if possible. The least experienced unit goes out and attacks something moderately strong, like a jaguar (definitely not a moa or a rhino). Eventually, with enough promotions, they get to auto-hunt on their own. It's fun! Early game hunting teams are fun to control, it's one of the best things about the C2C prehistoric era.

8. User0918

User0918 Chieftain

I actually appreciate the option very much, it adds a nice "grindy" and at the same time satisfying feel to the developement of troops. I couple it with Infinite XP, this makes it much more bearable regarding upgrades. I was just wondering in terms of the XP gain in the screenshots, but I should have realized from the names alone that it was two different units. And sorry for the necro, but this peaked my interest :)

Thanks for clearing it up. I somehow could have sworn that Ancestor Worship is a Prehistoric tech (ofc it isn't -_-) And I should have looked at the names and would have figured it out alone, must have been pretty late that night...thanks again.