SOON to come- at a forum near you...

Originally posted by frunobulax

Absolutely - though my reputation is pretty much in tatters (dishonourable)... and I fear the French will attack soon. I've managed to stay on the good side of the Russian and Ottoman Turks for the moment.

Hmmm, that may turn serious- been playing the Austrians- and doing well... until I had to fight against the Turks in the East, the French in the West, and what was left of the Neutrals in the North... Had to give up Bastia, Florencia, Istanbul... oh yeah, Baden was completely destroyed- problem was I couldnt get anyone to trust me so as to make a proper peace treaty!

Aha !! That'll be interesting - Prussians, Austrians and British vs. AI French/Neutral Alliance/Russians/Turks - or are we having more than 3 human players for the PBEM ?

Uhm- I am still looking for somebody to play with the French (odd not to have a protagonist...) :confused:

problem was I couldnt get anyone to trust me so as to make a proper peace treaty!
I guess the Prussians are lucky having the Brandenburger Tor, so that all the other nations have to offer ceasefire/treaty (until this Wonder expires!) I guess I'm lucky too having the Austrians in an Alliance, as this cushions me from the Turks in the East whilst I get my cities established, and the Neutrals cushion me from the French in the West (until I get all the Neutral cities.. plus 2 x Saxon infantry, after capturing Leipzig !! :) ) The only early worry was the Russians, who kept buzzing my cities with a Ship of the Line... but they didn't attack - too busy with the Ottoman Turks down south.

Now that I am facing the French directly across the Rhine I fear we'll be at war soon....

One suggestion... re. the Prussians, I think one of their coastal cities should have coastal fortifications, as virtually all the infantry garrisoned in these cities were wiped out by Neutral bombardments early on - but then maybe that's the price for having strong reinforcements later on, as well as breaking the peace treaty ;) - gimme them Hussars, Ulans & Howitzers :love:

Just had another thought... the British seem to bombard Brest with unceasing regularity and the number of times it's been empty but not captured by them seems such a waste. Is there a Troop Ship in Plymouth ? if not, maybe you could add one in (with a couple of infantry on board). This might entice an AI British to capture Brest on one of the occassions when it's emptied of F. infantry (although i guess the AI might simply make it sail off somewhere else and land the troops next to a French light gun or something...). Alternatively, would there be a suitable event trigger (not sure how ?) to create a couple of B. inf. next to Brest when it's empty of F. infantry - this would also encourage an AI Britiain to cross the channel and take on the French Army on their own soil. Perhaps the event might be if a French frigate is lost inside Brest (after British bombardment), but only after a certain date ?... though I'm not that familiar with event triggers....

W.i.n.t.e.r, as much as I love your scenario I like to point out some territorial things.

I have a historical map here over Europe in 1801.
And here France doesn't own Roma, Florencia, Milano or Genoa. And Helsingfors certainly didn't belong to the Russians by the time since it was Swedish back then ;) Maybe you should put some Swedish line where Stralsund lays because it was Swedish then, just a suggestion.

And haven't you thought of making a city on Sardinia?

Thanx for a great scenario :D

Hee hee... just managed bribed Gustav Adolfus over to the Prussian side, plus a Swedish (Neutral Alliance) Light Gun near Stockholm... he must've been wandering around in the far North of Sweden when I captured Stockholm a few years ago, and now he's just wandered back home again...

Attachments

• gustava.jpg
    gustava.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 240
Hey W.i.n.t.e.r - how's the update coming along ? I'm itching to get going on the PBEM ! :)

Hey W.i.n.t.e.r - how's the update coming along ? I'm itching to get going on the PBEM ! :)

Hi Frunolulax,

Well, the map will take some longer time I'm afraid- as it is a rather unrewarding task to reshuffle everything. But this should not matter so much, as everything else is ready :)

We'll just play on the old map- I'll send the new files to all participants-

Calling any Mac PBEM'ers...

Just a note about a new post I've made on Civ2 Tech Support (link below) about configuring ".net" PBEM saved games to run on a Mac - any advice gratefully received ! :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17890

P.S. i found no answers to my query on the PBEM-FAQ page or in FMK and Henrik's PBEM Guide :(

P.S. i found no answers to my query on the PBEM-FAQ page or in FMK and Henrik's PBEM Guide :(

Nice work :goodjob: !!!!

- maybe U should send Henrik :king: a message- he is around for sure- and generally gives good advice on what to do :D

Originally posted by Arthedain
W.i.n.t.e.r, as much as I love your scenario I like to point out some territorial things.

I have a historical map here over Europe in 1801.
And here France doesn't own Roma, Florencia, Milano or Genoa. And Helsingfors certainly didn't belong to the Russians by the time since it was Swedish back then ;) Maybe you should put some Swedish line where Stralsund lays because it was Swedish then, just a suggestion.

And haven't you thought of making a city on Sardinia?

Thanx for a great scenario :D

Thank you for writing ;)... I am currently creating a new (size adjusted) map for the present MGE and the future TOT version of GNB in which I will try to correct these bits and pieces. Of course U R right in that it was not until 1805 (1807 respectively) that France had the chance to tamper with the European borderlines ... Roma is going to be Neutral Alliance in the update (weak Papal State), however, the Northern Italian cities will remain within the French domain, since they have to be considered to have been under heavy pressure (and tutelage) by the sides of France.

I will definitly think of a solution to the Swedish issue :)

sounds gr8! can't wait to get the update :D

Originally posted by Arthedain
sounds gr8! can't wait to get the update :D

Will take some time though- I gotta couple of research projects running, and work for these is getting tough and are likely to become very time consuming... (and I deleted some files for the TOT update by mistake :mad: when wanting to post some new, previously unseen units of mine- needless to say: U will never see those, for they were the only copy *sigh*-) Quite a blow, as now I'll have to make new ones :cry:

But the map file is deveping nicelly, with Spain, Britain andthe Afican coastline already accounted for :cool:

Right, I have been able to get some work done- even though I am having so many group meetings at the moment that I already wished for a secretary :( . Here is a brief list of what has been done so far, and what is needed- most of which is only a minor issue anyway...

Done::D

-Created new Map (size adjusted, and changed a few values)

-Positioned cities (all cities contain their improvements, etc)

-Cities edited and size adjusted (Roma neutral)

-Positioned all roads, mines, irrigation tiles respectively

-All Units have been positioned, in- and outside the cities

-Civ names, money, tax rates, goverments, treaties adjusted

-Core Event files written- and corrected (thx Jesús:))

-Core Tech given to civs

Soon to be implemented::o

-Civ attitudes settings and game year to be set

-Specific tech needs to be issued

-Cutting down on event text left some space for extra triggers !

-Victory points (still thinking about how to make it better)

-What 2 do about Helsingfors & Stralsund :confused:

...so far, so good...

Hiya- just to note that GNB V.3 is ready and will be posted as soon as I can correct ONE lil' thing: the Diplomacy Screen is not working properly...... The playtest for GNB V.3 goes very well, until one tries to make diplomacy- Symptoms:
----------------------------------------------------------
-Enter Foreign Minister and iniciate talks (works);

-Welcoming Screen (I speak for he who makes mortals tremble... blabla- works too)

-We would love to talk with blabla... (press OK and it will abort the menu)
----------------------------------------------------------
What have I missed ??????????????? Anyone please, GNB V.3 threatened !!!

Did you accidently delete part of the negotiations text in games.txt?

Originally posted by Case
Did you accidently delete part of the negotiations text in games.txt?

thx for replying- hmm cannot be that, though. Just checked the modified games file, but it contains all triggers and works also for all other scenarios... help...

Ok, everything sorted !!! It was inded the Game.txt file, yet I couldnt fully remove the bug- just get around it (dont leave the file in the scenario one ;)

Sooo, what is the news?! I posted GNB3 yesterday !!!- so it should appear sooner or later. In the meantime I am working on an update on some lil features that I just thought of, after I had posted it....:p

Hey, I had not noticed that you realeased it. Great :goodjob:

Can I upload it on the CivUniversum too? :)

Originally posted by BeBro
Hey, I had not noticed that you realeased it. Great :goodjob:

Can I upload it on the CivUniversum too? :)

Sure u can. I'd be honoured to appear on your page, Bernd :) :) :)

I am already working on the next update version of GNB3 (i.e. there will be slight changes to the pirates offensive value, I managed to further expand the events, and I am also making a describe file to include all units, buildings, and world wonders).

Dauert noch ein Weilchen- aber das Szenario wird von oben bis unten komplet vorhanden sein wenns dann erst soweit ist !!! ;)

Top Bottom