1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Soren to Stardock?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Aristos

Aristos Chieftain

Apparently, Brad Wardell has been struck by the lightning of wisdom lately... now there is much more hope to see his Elemental series glow than before.

Check it. Interesting. I wish Firaxis would learn how to hire (and retain) true gems of development.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/440775

Good luck Soren!

(and please come back to the series)

2. Quintillus

Quintillus Civ III Forum Resident Supporter

That is interesting. That could certainly be helpful in their future games.

In the meantime, might have to try that beta of Elemental: Legendary Heroes once it comes out. That series has looked interesting for awhile but I didn't want to buy it without trying a demo, and that beta seems to fit the bill.

3. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Good hire, and I hadn't realised Kael was in charge of all Stardock games now.

4. BlueGoop

BlueGoop Chieftain

Soren Johnson was hired by Stardock!

I posted about this in the Civ4 topic area too. I'm sorry for the duplicates. Moderate at will!

Moderator Action: -> threads merged.

5. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

I have already started holding my breath for GalCiv III. (Keep it TBS, we have SOASE for RTS).

6. Selous

Selous Chieftain

now this is interesting news!! GalCiv3 FTW!!!!!

7. Ikael

Ikael Chieftain

Major talent drain :/ good for GalCiv 3, I guess

8. bruntfca

bruntfca Chieftain

I recently started replaying Elemental Enchantress 1.3, since only trying it out back in the Beta phase. It's a pretty fun game now; you can see Kael's (Fall from Heaven Mod guy) influence on it. I get more of a fix from FE now; pretty much given up on CiV until 6 comes out.

The Legendary Heroes Beta should be out mid march too, worth a look.

9. Vamphaery

Vamphaery Chieftain

Stardock is a company which has earned my trust for their straightforward DRM philosophy and the ability to re-download games purchased by them in perpetuity. A model I wish other companies (Ubi, EA) would embrace.

GalCiv2 has a spot on every system I build. One of the most enjoyable and satisfying 4x TBS games I've ever played. Fallen Enchantress is a huge improvement over the original Elemental at launch. Pretty unique game.

10. Aaron90495

Aaron90495 Chieftain

Have you tried Eador: Genesis or the beta for its sequel, Masters of the Broken World? It's a fantastic fantasy 4X, IMO.

11. Bluetooth

Bluetooth Chieftain

Why not a new Civilization game.

12. Mesix

Mesix Sweet Alex

If you are waiting for Galactic Civ 3, why not try out Endless Space. I took a Civ V break for 3-4 months and had some great fun taking Endless Space through is paces. IMHO, it is the best 4x space strategy game since MOO2.

13. krc

krc Chieftain

Thanks for the recommendation. And others might be interested to note that Endless Space is on sale at 50% on Steam until March 18th.

14. Willem

Willem Chieftain

Interesting news. Soren did a great job with Civ 4, it will be interesting to see what he comes up with through Stardock. I wouldn't mind seeing him do a Gal Civ 3. He certainly has the credentials for that type of game.

15. Lord Silverkey

Lord Silverkey Chieftain

w00t w00t. Yay for Galactic Civilizations 3! If they make it I have a feeling I'll be playing more of that then Civ as I don't especially like 5 and 4 is getting pretty old now. (I hope no Civ purests hunt me down and kill me for this comment.)