Sorry, I really cant recommend this game.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Roach, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Roach

Roach Chieftain

Just my ramblings on Civ 4:

I have played (and loved) all the Civ titles from Civ 1 on the Amiga 500 to Civ 3 Conquests (even CTP & CTP2) and I am sad to say I can not bring myself to recommend this game to anyone due to all the crashes and BSODs (PC exceeds every recommended spec).

I work in an organsisation (40,000 + which is pretty large in Oz) that has its own Intranet/Games forum and the general talk there was do not buy this game until the patch is released. Well the patch has come and gone and the problems still seem to exist for a lot of users (me included).

I would love to be able to recommend this game but that would mean telling people to potentially fork out $80 (Aussie) for a possible coaster until all the problems are sorted. Granted the % of users having problems playing the game may be low (debatable) but when you have that % saying they cant play the game on the forum that will scare off a lot of other people.

In an industry where Word of Mouth is pretty important, especially after the initial hype is over, I think the Game Developers/Publishers may take a pretty big hit over the "Early Release' of Civ4.

Pointing possible purchasers to the civfantic website doesnt help either given the amount of technical difficulties people are having. Tech Support arent helping the situation with their seemingly insufficient response.

I really hope the problems get sorted soon, as I like what I see of the game and would like to see the franchise do well.

2. Philips beard

Philips beard Prince

I have never had problems, besides the game being slow on large and huge maps, but that's because my computer is getting old, not because the game is crap! The game is just a masterpiece in my opinion!

3. X sheehan C

X sheehan C Chieftain

i would deffinetly say this game is a masterpeice but i cant get mine 2 work either.

4. Hellequin

Hellequin Chieftain

It started out ok but now i cant load any saved games & getting a new game started takes forever i havnt tried new patch yet but if it still mess's about after that then i here Sid is having a signing down in London somtime soon i might have to go down there and beat him with it.

Or ask him to remake colonization to make up for it

5. IDaCat

IDaCat Chieftain

Really? Game play wise, it has all the fun elements it had before. Bugs... well, every games have it, just gotta live with it i guess.