SOTD25: Land Of The Bear People

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Today's SOTD comes courtesy of Book Budda:

"My Brother was playing the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Mod as the Mayans. He was exploring in South America when he came upon this. I'm not sure what the rules are for Barbarian/Native/Independent Units are for this mod but what makes it even weirder is the unit just disapears after the next turn."

What's most unusual about this screenshot is the presence of a barbarian animal inside of a civilization's borders, let alone the fact that it's occupying the city center! Perhaps this has something to do with a Rhye's Mod-specific feature, like scripted events? Take care to note that Book Budda earns his title as CivFanatic for playing this game at 1:26 am. ;)

>> View the Screenshot of the Day gallery and submit your own image!

I've managed to get a barbarian animal stuck in my cultural borders a few times. It typically happens when the animal spawns on the same turn that I pop my borders or settle a new city. The good thing is that animals cannot move once they are in your border - even animals that you own (ie WB'd ones). One time, I had an animal stuck there for over 10 turns before he disappeared.

Top Bottom