1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Sound Bug: Game loses all sound come late game [v1.0.0.220]

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by ZeroSuitSenpai, Feb 17, 2018.

1. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Chieftain

This is a new bug with R&F. Judging from this reddit comment thread, its a common issue among many users:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7x0euc/rise_and_fall_bug_report_megathread/du4pkx7/

Basically, as late game begins, the game starts "losing" more and more sound effects. Sounds & music start glitching out, and then go missing entirely, and eventually nearly the whole game is silent. It behaves sort of like a memory leak, because rebooting the game will restore sound, but only temporarily. After 20 or so turns in late game, the sound starts glitching out again after a reload.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    nzcamel likes this.
  2. TheodoreTrump

TheodoreTrump Chieftain

Same happened to me. I'm back to Civ 4.

3. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

Same happened to me. Hope it gets fixed soon. The silence is horrible.

4. MarsupialRogue

MarsupialRogue Chieftain

I'm getting this consistently. VI has had sound bugs since release. Rise & Fall makes the game a lot better, I just wish I could play with sound for more than 15 minutes in the late game.

5. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I have this issue as well. It's very disappointing because I love the music in this game.

nzcamel likes this.
  6. FireLionCow

FireLionCow Chieftain

Same here. It's disappointing that a gamebreaking bug like this can get past the devs.

7. jbavon

jbavon Chieftain

Let's be fair. It's disappointing. It's not gamebreaking.

nzcamel likes this.
  8. ravennaux

ravennaux Chieftain

Actually, it can be game breaking, I continued to play long after the sound ended and the game crashed..Gilgamesh sent me a warning and BAM black screen,says it's still running,but just a black screen.

9. LivingFood

LivingFood Chieftain

I get issues like this as well. Artillery sounds missing when firing, and even events on the right side that I cannot right click to remove. A simple fix for some of those things is to save and reload your game. Not sure if that helps with sound issues though.

10. Wheat4Days

Wheat4Days Chieftain

This occurs with me too, quiet civ is a little barren.

11. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Chieftain

Oh thank the Gods, it's not just me and my old-ass computer! :eek: I have been having this exact, fun-crushing issue ever since the R&F Patch had downloaded! :( Just happened in my most current game: about when the World entered the Industrial Era, Sean Bean Quotes suddenly disappeared again (and, very aggravatingly, this also includes Wonder Quotes, and the narration over the Ending Video), Music starts to begin for one or two seconds before returning to silence again... Pretty much kills any immersion/fun I might have for a long game, which I otherwise would have, since the building aspect of Civ 6 is really fun!

The absolute kick in the balls for me is this: while important sound effects, like the sound of Barb Camps spawning, and cool sound effects, like Artillery shots, are completely gone, leaving a silent, sterile world... the ONE SOUND that STILL REMAINS after all this silence is the nerve-rending Sound-Bugged Infinite Loop of the Creaking of Moving Siege Units, which has hounded me since day one of the Civ 6 launch :mad::mad:

12. ZeroSuitSenpai

ZeroSuitSenpai Chieftain

I have found that this occurs less often when I'm in Fullscreen mode as opposed to Borderless Windowed. It still does happen, but less frequently.

13. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I shouldn't have to do it... but as I love the music so much if I save the game and reload it, it does resume properly for quite a while.

14. historix69

historix69 Chieftain

I noticed loosing sounds very early when playing with max number of civs and CS (62) on a Giant World Map.

15. Packherd2

Packherd2 Chieftain

Just registering my experience of the same thing. It's annoying.

And it better not be like the vanishing animations of Beyond Earth...

16. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

I am experiencing same problem. The sound goes off gradually. When you reload, will gain full sound but will gradually goes off again. Sound is very vital for the game. Hope they will remedy it soonest

17. EpicWestern

EpicWestern Chieftain

Definitely seems like a memory leak issue, in island map games where there aren't a lot of cities it isn't prevalent. Really unfortunate because the music is IMO the one area of civ that gets an A+ hands down.

18. plus

plus Chieftain

i never knew this problem even exists but than i started a ynaemp game with all civs in and started losing sound.i tried all that was suggested and nothing worked so its clearly connected to the giant map.

19. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

Plus, I am also using ynaemp Gaint Map and am also experiencing sound loss in later part of the game. But not sure if everyone in this forum experiencing loss of sound is using the ynaemp Gaint Map. If yes, then the problem may be related to map.

20. plus

plus Chieftain

i had to quit the game cause no sound at all..first few turns its ok but than nothing except the birds so i try now the play europe again will see how it goes..