Sounds dont play right

Snodmaulvenn, what unit is exactly triggering this problem ? You can simply copy and paste here the entries of the INI-file of that unit.

The Fortify Sound only plays once before the Attack. IF the Fortify sound is playing between the Attack A, B and C, there is something causing it that is not usual.
A number of things come to mind such as the Sounds and or animations could be too long or the .ini file is not set up correctly for the Animations/Sounds.

What Unit are you having the problem with?

Snodmaulvenn, I had a look into your early test biq and - as Vuldacon posted and you are agreeing in the post above - the sounds of those tanks seem to be set correctly. May be it´s a good idea to use as fortify sound for tanks and artillery a short mechanical sound for preparing the weapon and not a very long speech.

Here are some thoughts about what I have seen in your early scenario biq:

Your scenario uses a similar methode for showing sprawling cities by using road graphics, as I have used them many years ago for the SOE scenario. This methode is spectacular, but the building of roads must be 'tamed', otherwise the whole map will end in a complete mess. A worker job to build roads normally is needed, otherwise preplaced roads, that are destroyed by bombardment, can not be repaired. I did this 'taming' by restricting the building of roads for many terrains, especially landmark terrain. Nearer explanations can be found in the SOE thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/storm-over-europe-soe.454785/
Spoiler :

Nearly all units in a WW2 scenario (exception soldiers that are fighting with bayonetts or something like this) should be set to ranged attack in the editor settings of the unit and I saw some typhos in the unit names, per example M10 Wolverine (and not Wolwerine).
Your scenario about the landing in the Normandy seems to be quite a big endevour. Good luck with it! :)

Last edited:
Snodmaulvenn... In general it is best to keep the Fortify Animations and Sounds to around 1/2 a second... especially if the Unit has Multiple Attacks.
IF a Unit has Multiple Attacks, best to keep each Attack short, about 1/2 a second. If each Attack is Long the Game will not play them back correctly... some or all will be shortened.

If a Unit has a Very Long animation for the Attack, you can split the animation into 2 or even 3 parts = Attack A, Attack B and Attack C. The Game will play them without hesitation so it all appears as one long Attack procedure.
An example of this is My Unit, The Drunk. It uses all three Attacks for just the One long Attack that I split into 3 parts. You also will need to split the Sounds to fit each Attack Part.

You can take a look at the Original Game Units to see that they tend to be short animations and sounds.

You can get away with some longer animations and sounds but in general it is best to try to keep Animations and Sounds for Unit Attacks to 1 second.

Top Bottom