South African Wars Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Sagitario, Feb 26, 2010.

1. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

First of all, you should replace the word "know" with "think." Secondly, that sounds exactly like a lame excuse for discrimination to me.

And to answer your question, I disagree with the entire nature and mindset of your argument.

2. Sagitario

Sagitario Extremist Zionist Salsero

Yes Yes I know. Everybody (except for ANC upper party members) is much more poorer in South Africa. The average Black South African has LESS food, less healthcare, less education, more likely to get murdered or raped, and almost no job opportunity. Yet yes! Apartheid was so horrible!

I don't want to live with people who want to kill me or want me to work hard and live off of my hard work (welfare) and I DO NOT expect ANYBODY else to either!

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Super Moderator Supporter

Slavery was even greater, every black man or woman had work!!!

4. Sagitario

How did they become slaves? Black Africans sold their criminals to Arab slave traders who then sold them to European slave traders.

5. The_J

Oh, yes, sure, and the Nazis have only put criminals in concentration camps, sure, and everyone who is in prison is guilty, sure, and everyone who loses his work is guilty on its own, sure...

I should report this thread, it annoys me like hell.

6. Sagitario

First, you're a disgusting person for even comparing slavery to the horro that was the holocaust.

Second, go ask any accredited professor on slavery he will tell you that the vast MAJORITY of slaves were African criminals that there OWN AFRICAN people were selling!

7. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Emperor

Slavery was no walk in the park either.

They weren't really criminals, but members of rival tribes that were enslaved during war.

8. Sagitario

I WONT even interact with anybody who tries to claim something even comes close to the Holocaust. The ONLY people who can feel the same pain as Jews are the Armenians and NOBODY else!

That is NOT true at all. MANY were criminals.

9. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

I can't believe that after all the trash you've said about the Apartheid Regime being so good for black people you're now trying to take a moral position when people compare slavery to the Holocaust.

10. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Wow... another "fact"?

More CAPITALS, I see, and still no citation...

That's basically apartheid reasoning. And you're surprised if I ask if you're a white supremacist. Apartheid was the result of white supremacist thinking and even the apartheid leaders ultimately realized that their policy was doomed. Not to mention that due to racial intermingling the whole concept is based on unrealistic ideas.

Ah, I see. And I suppose that explains crime rates for black people in the Americas as a whole... In reality, however, the slave trade, indigenous to Africa, captured and traded slaves who were then sold. But I'm sure you examined the African slave traders records and noticed their slaves had all prior convictions for criminal offense... :rolleyes:

More CAPITALS I see... Not sure what the Holocaust experience has got to do with anything, but the slave trade continued for centuries. FYI, that's a bit longer than the years passed between 1941-45, the actual period that concentation camps were de facto changed into death camps.

And now we have the Armenians joining the "debate"... I guess that's what happens if someone can't prove his point on the main issue, eh?

Oh, and BTW, Visitor Message aren't meant for posting youtube videos. :nono:

And indeed, I would report this thread if it weren't so laughable...

I thought this might be an interesting mod, but so far it's heading nowhere fast.

11. Sagitario

The fact you once again refuse to say the Holocaust was worst then slavery proves your antisemitic/pro-afrocentric agenda.

This is a great article that was posted today on BBC about South Africa....South Africans are so much better off under the ANC, report? I hope you enjoy!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8547621.stm

12. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

You earlier accused him of being a leftist and then cited the BBC as a source? Clearly you don't know much about the British media.

13. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Emperor

BBC, leftist? :crazyeye:

14. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

Almost all British media companies, be they broadcasters or newspapers, are seated firmly on the centre-left.

15. The_J

a) i didn't compare it.
    b) ah, i guess, an injustice which could happen to you is more wrong than an injustice which can't, right? I guess, you're not black...

OMG, does something like this really exist in america?

16. Sagitario

You're comparing the planned systematic extermination of a people versus some tribes selling off their criminals and prisoners of war. The fact you even compare the two says a lot!

17. Sagitario

Tonto, I was using a leftist media source to prove my point. Black South Africans have worse lives in Post-apartheid South Africa.

18. Sagitario

Anyway, the mod won't have anything to do with what we're discussing because the most modern scenario will be World War One

19. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Well not really, professors who specialize in the salvery era are either African-American history experts or just general American history experts. What sickens me is that a lot of Americans consider black-Americans as second-class or non-American citizens, in actuality black-Americans (and I know the term black in Europe is slightly different from the term in America, in America black just mean of African ethnic-origin, I know in Europe it can mean other origins, I studied in Spain for a while and was slightly surprised to learn this) but the fact of the matter is that blacks were Americans just as long as whites where Americans. In fact the first casualty of the American revolution was a black man named Crispus Attucks, blacks fought in our revolution, our civil war, and every other war that came afterwards. There were fantastic black scientists/inventors, statesmen, artists, etc. In my mind it is blatantly unpatriotic to ignore this. While America may have been a British/English colony, we've always had leaders/officials of different national origins, and I don't want to get on soap-box here, but to me that is a source of pride and in my estimation we should always appreciate that fact.

Remember, all history should be remembered, even the embarassing parts so we don't repeat it.

But to finish my post, I'll say this; sagitario you are a complete :):):):):):):), I don't normally say this to people but I legitimately hate you and hope the worst upon you and your mod, you are clearly a bigoted moron and your concept of history is supremely flawed, I'm sure whatever mod you make will reflect this and totally suck. People of your ilk are what is wrong with my country, there is no way to stop history, and any conservative should know this. Historically they always lose, ALWAYS.

BTW; comparing the Holocaust to slavery (in all of its forms) is completely warranted, it is the same basic thing. Also you are clearly of a multi-ethnic and obviously Latin/Hispanic origin, keep in mind that your line of thinking could result in the same oppression geared towards yourself (in that you are not "pure" anything), as a fellow Hispanic your attitude makes my stomach churn. Not to mention that you have mixed your concepts of what is "left" "right" "liberal" and "conservative," you should thank your lucky stars that our country is liberal enough to accept people of our origins. Using your own theory that could easily not be the case. Yet you espouse an intolerant and idiotic regime.

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

So you keep claiming, yet you'll have a hard time finding any South African wanting to go back to apartheid. (That, as said, includes your precious whites, most of which still live in South Africa.)

Tonto?:rolleyes:

Actually it says more about you, as you are the one wanting to compare atrocities. (And I'm not the one with an agenda here, Mr Apartheid Was Grand.)

Anyway, I notice you still haven't answered a single point I raised. Perhaps you should just focus on making a mod instead of dealing offhand remarks without a base in historic facts.

And, BTW, I have no need of your "updates" on South Africa; I've been following events in South Africa for about 30 years now, thank you very much. (And unlike you apparently, I'm quite aware of the history of Southern Africa since way before any of my countryfolk decided to settle there.)

Put your money where your mouth is.