1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

South American City-States 1.1

Spice up your City-States action with 10 South American City-States!

1. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

kantorr submitted a new resource:

South American City-States - Spice up your City-States action with 10 South American City-States!

Read more about this resource...

miroli likes this.
  2. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

3. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

4. kantorr

kantorr Chieftain

5. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I like it, but I do think La Paz, Lima and Santiago are a bit overpowered. Fair warning though, all theoratical.

First, La Paz, 15 extra with a strength of around 100 wouldn't seem like much, but the combat system in civ 6 works with the dfference in strength. A +10 strength bonus makes a unit approximately twice as strong (hence the +10 bonus for corps) and a +17 bonus makes a unit approximately three times as strong (hence the +17 bonus for corps. A +7 or +10 strength bonus would probably be better.
    Next, Lima bascially grants 50% tourism from your main sources, I think that would make cultural victory a bit too easy. Maybe double theming bonus or a +1 or +2 bonus to base tourism for the items? Not sure which numbers would be balanced tbh, as I don't have a lot of experience with cultural victory.
    And for Santiago, this means a lot of gold with the common commercial hub spam. This one I'd say, maybe +1 for every building. On reading again, same kinda goes for Montevideo, that's also a lot of gold. Times 20 trade routes times 3 buildings (Stock Exchange isn't that late) means you get 120 gold per turn from it.

6. Kodimus

Kodimus Chieftain

For Lima, gold or science equal to the culture of those tourism items could be a neat bonus without making it too easy to get a culture victory. The science is especially fitting with Lima being home to one of the oldest higher-learning institutions in the new world. Or if you want to stick with something culture-related, perhaps 1 culture per great work in a city for trade routes.