Resource icon

South American City-States 1.1

kantorr

Chieftain
kantorr submitted a new resource:

South American City-States - Spice up your City-States action with 10 South American City-States!

Spice up your City-States action with 10 South American City-States! These City-States will appear randomly in all game modes. Check the spoilers below for details on the new content or find them yourself in-game.

This mod is in its initial release. Please report any crashes/bugs/misbehaviors in the comments or preferrably a message on Reddit. Also feel free, nay, obligated to leave your suggestions for current or future...

Read more about this resource...

I like it, but I do think La Paz, Lima and Santiago are a bit overpowered. Fair warning though, all theoratical.

First, La Paz, 15 extra with a strength of around 100 wouldn't seem like much, but the combat system in civ 6 works with the dfference in strength. A +10 strength bonus makes a unit approximately twice as strong (hence the +10 bonus for corps) and a +17 bonus makes a unit approximately three times as strong (hence the +17 bonus for corps. A +7 or +10 strength bonus would probably be better.
Next, Lima bascially grants 50% tourism from your main sources, I think that would make cultural victory a bit too easy. Maybe double theming bonus or a +1 or +2 bonus to base tourism for the items? Not sure which numbers would be balanced tbh, as I don't have a lot of experience with cultural victory.
And for Santiago, this means a lot of gold with the common commercial hub spam. This one I'd say, maybe +1 for every building. On reading again, same kinda goes for Montevideo, that's also a lot of gold. Times 20 trade routes times 3 buildings (Stock Exchange isn't that late) means you get 120 gold per turn from it.

For Lima, gold or science equal to the culture of those tourism items could be a neat bonus without making it too easy to get a culture victory. The science is especially fitting with Lima being home to one of the oldest higher-learning institutions in the new world. Or if you want to stick with something culture-related, perhaps 1 culture per great work in a city for trade routes.

Top Bottom