Southeast Asia

Israelite9191

You should be reading
I have a few queries that I could not find the answers to online or in my persional library myself. If anyone has any answers, it would be deeply appreciated. The questions are:
  1. What were the borders of the Sultanate of Maguindanao around the year 1500?
  2. What were the border of the Sultanate of Demak around the year 1500?
  3. When exactly did the Khmer Empire collapse and to what extent they shrunk around 1500?
  4. How far down the Malay peninsula did Ayutthaya stretch around 1500?
  5. What was the status of Laos in 1500?
  6. How large was the Sultanate of Brunei around 1500?
  7. What was the state of the Indonesian Archipelago (ignoring Aceh, Brunei, and the Sultanate of Malacca) around 1500?
If you can provide with information and/or sources on any of these quiestion it would be greatly appreciated.

3. When exactly did the Khmer Empire collapse and to what extent they shrunk around 1500?

classical Khmer culture "fell apart" around the 1300s, when the old Hindu-Mahayana Buddhist combinated culture got replaced by Theravada Buddhism as the state religion, and culture for the Khmer "changed", which is considered by certain scholars as the "end" of the Khmer.

technically, and politically, however, the empire fell in the mid-1400s (can't remember exact date) to the Thai, and they were forced to move the capital, effectively ending the empire.

I have a few queries that I could not find the answers to online or in my persional library myself. If anyone has any answers, it would be deeply appreciated. The questions are:
  1. What were the borders of the Sultanates of Sulu and Maguindanao around the year 1500?
  2. What were the border of the Sultanate of Demak around the year 1500?
  4. How far down the Malay peninsula did Ayutthaya stretch around 1500?
  5. What was the status of Laos in 1500?
  6. How large was the Sultanate of Brunei around 1500?
  7. What was the state of the Indonesian Archipelago (ignoring Aceh, Brunei, and the Sultanate of Malacca) around 1500?
If you can provide with information and/or sources on any of these quiestion it would be greatly appreciated.

1) Sulu had a small chunk of northeast Borneo across from its possessions of the sulu archipelago excluding the island of basilan.
4) I am positive Ayutthaya held the entire peninsula at one point otherwise it straddled along slightly north of the current borders and the isthmus of kra.
5)I believe Laos was independent until 1575 when the Burmese took control.
6)Brunei at its apogee held much of sarawak excluding the highlands as well as palawan
7)Atjeh was in the north of sumatra and western coasts. Johore had a chunk in central sumatra and in borneo directly opposite. Bantam held southern sumatra and an western chunk of java. Cheribon held a north central chunk of Java, Mataram held south central java, ternate and tidor held various parts in the moluccas, and the rest of indonesia were held by petty malay states and tribes.

Thanks for the input. The problem is, I need information as of 1500 CE, not 1550. I am using the information to create a map, so the time sensitivity of the information is necessary.

Please, people, if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. Especially in terms of Indonesia during the collapse of the Majapahit Empire.

Top Bottom