• IWC - I have a name suggestion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Build SW SW W W of LC soon

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Don't build SW SW W W of LC ever - too dangerous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Delhi Silk boat carry on in the direction it is

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I agree with Jayne that we've sailed past Delhi (details in Next turn thread)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayne

Emperor
LC: Caravan in 4. Grow in 13
CJ: Caravan in 13. Grow in 17
MT: Celebrating. Temple in 5. Grow in 36. No defence within one turn.
Dell: Dip in 1. Grow in 1.
Ren: Caravan in 7. Grow in 5

Haven't voted yet but I have a few issues:
- If we carry on with the plan of LC as SMC are we going to build the units in LC and let LC support them or are we going to rehome the units? When we enter republic support-cost will be huge (shield-wise). Happiness will be an issue as well, I thought we had planned to build a happiness wonder in LC to deal with that. When will we build that wonder?
- I like to found 2x SW 2x W of LC but first we need to see where Indian cities are! It would be nice to drop a settler there with a unit, unseen by the Indians. Then we can let the city grown unbothered by the Indians and connect later on to the Indian cities once we've subverted them. :)

I'll vote after discussion here has taken off.

I think Shakespeare's is the best Wonder for LC, but unfortunately it was voted quite low down on the Science Survey. Maybe the new Science Advisor will re-poll?

I'm really keen for SWx2Wx2. I'm hoping the trireme will sail this way again and check there is no sign of a city in the section of coastline missed last time. If it looks reasonably safe, land a settler and unit (and dip?) unseen.

It seems to me that there was little objection to building Shake's in LC to implement a SMC. We will be getting the tech for Shake's along the path to Explosives anyway. The question is when will it be a high enough priority to commit caravans for the project? With Leo's a priority, it doesn't seem to be in the immediate future.

Aside the list of techs we should have a list with wonders that come available when the techs are researched. From this list the desired wonders should be selected. Fillers should be committed to building caravans to make the wonders possible. Other cities should have a caravan in their build-queue every now and then for additional general wonder building purposes. (you should see it as community service ;) )

Legendary City: IPRB $4, Caravan in 3, Next: Caravan
  It will be our SMC by building Caravans for Wonders.
  Dip Guard East, Sentry on Road N of LC.
Dellham: Caravan (or Settler), grows, new serf on Plains River
Monks Towne: Temple in 5, then Settler. Dips provide defense.
Castle Jayne: Caravan, IPRB=10 $4, IPRB=20 $4
  New Settler SW S charge, SW (to Dip Station) Irrigate.
Indian Port: Crusader first, seems a good choice of guard.
  Never build a Settler here, unless we borrow LC's Fish.
Build Plains SW SW (SW?) W W of LC, but do we have the resources?
  Need to fortify Phx? on Hill, plus City Guard
Dehli Silk Trireme carry on, or drop Caravan now, not sure

Until now, I have neglected to mention this viewpoint of mine:
We should build Shake's in Elysium, it is our SSC and far more deserving. There are many reasons, principally this: we will rehome the units produced by LC, even in Elysium if we so desire at that time. Btw, both Elysium and LC need irrigation.

If we rehome the units Shake's is not necessary at all in LC! People in Elysium need to keep on celebrating (and use their brains).

Irrigation is indeed much needed for Elysium and LC for the same reason: growth. Elysium needs to grow for more brains and LC needs to grow for more muscles (mine that iron!!!)

I have a couple of suggestions for the name of Indian Whale City. iirc, duke 'o york had the original suggestion, so maybe name it after him. My other suggestion is 'Cymru Straits' because of the wales (sic) !!! ;)

(I'll explain what I mean if you need me too!)

Not only irrigation is needed in Elysium, but also roads. It doesn't matter that our city is big if it doesn't have any roads. The reason I'm pointing this out is that the gems square hasn't been roaded yet. I don't know if we allready have it, but I suggest we have at least one settler around each of the cities Elysium and LC to improve the terrain.
'Cymru Straits', I'm sorry, but I need you to explain what you mean:) Is Cymru latin for whales?

It's Welsh for Wales. You see it a lot on cars. Lots of the Welsh have Nationality car stickers on their cars saying 'Cymru' with the Welsh Dragon flag, instead of the usual plain GB, or GB and EU flag. A similar situation occurs in Scotland.

So.... a little play on words gives you 'Cymru Straits'

Top Bottom