1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Soviet Afghanistan Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Mikeweather, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Mikeweather

Mikeweather Chieftain

I think it would be cool to have a scenario about the Soviet war in Afghanistan. Two countries (soviets and US) fighting a proxy war in a small, mountainous country. Food would be hard to come by (lots of mountain squares), but shields and money would be plentiful.

Given the defensive bonus given by mountains, I think this could be a realistic scenario.

And given the fact than no foreign country has EVER won a war in Afghanistan, we need the defenders to be dug in deep with fortreses galore.

This wopuld hold true for many Afghan wars, Afghan vs. Persians for example.

Or.. We could skip ahead to the year 1995 and have it he the Taliban vs. the Northern Aliance, the Alliance being the defenders, Taliban being the aggressors.

That is unless people would be offended by a Taliban scenario. I don't know why they would, since there have been countless Nazi scenarios and I'm sure we all agree the Nazis are FAR,. FAR worse, not to mention the Northern Alliance aren't exactly saints either.

So many Afghan wars to make scenarios for, so little time...

Got any ideas/historical tidbits that could help make these scenarios a bit more historicly accurate?

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

I know it has been nearly a year since this tread(at that time i didnt even had civ3, and I dont think that Mikeweather even is playing civ3 anymore(last post dec 2001)) but I am suggesting a scenario about the latest war in Afghanistan(you know with the us, taliban and the northern allience). We could make the Northern Allience a little country with great expanding oppotonities. So is there a need for such a scenario you dont you like it?