SP teams on Diety

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mbuna120, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mbuna120

mbuna120 Chieftain

I've recently tried to play some SP games on diety level in which I partner with an AI and have the other AI in pairs as well. Standard size maps. When I play games WITHOUT teams the Diety AI build massive army and tech rates and expand like a plague. But in team play, my diety partner will never build more than a second or third city, always has a pathetic military with next to no units, and constantly declares peace with civs that I'm currently trying to destroy. Is this just a bugged feature of the game? Or am I doing something horribly wrong? Its basically like I'm playing by myself vs diety AI teams. Thanks

I originally posted this in Strategy and Tips section but nobody seems to know. Hopefully I'll have more luck in this section (without getting a moderator mad for a double post!)

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It could depend on who is your partner

I remember once I made a 11 v 1 game (me along with 10 other AIs against 1 single AI), and I just sat back and watched as the others began attacking each the 1 player.

3. CivilizedPlayer

CivilizedPlayer Warlord

Wait what? How do you make teams in CivV? I didn't know you could do that? What does that do?

Sorry for not answering your question but, I just never heard of that before.

4. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

YOu could do that since vanilla.

you just choose Team 1 Team 1 for first players, Team 2 Team 2 for secodn team etc. It appears in Advanced Settings for Game making.

5. orangecape

orangecape Chieftain

To the OP: It sounds like your partner is playing without the Deity bonuses. What I suspect is going on is that since it is part of a 'human' team it plays according to the human rules while the other teams play according to the Deity AI rules. I don't know how it *should* work but it seems the game is trying to make it really difficult by having your team play fair and the other teams get massive bonuses.

I doubt you can do anything about it.

6. headcase

headcase Limit 1 Facepalm Per Turn

Check the approval rating (F9); if AI is in last it's definitely playing on your difficulty, though you may be in last preventing you from seeing the AI's approval.