Space 4 - Mystery game

a space oddity

Deity
GOTM Staff
A new game in the Space series, for those who up for agame that's very slow paced but played in good spirits.
First we have to come up with a good idea for the game some ideas sofar are:
Northern Pike said:
a game in which we could only switch to the forgotten goverments, feudalism and fascism?
Karasu said:
either an extremely peaceful or an extremely aggressive approach
Karasu said:
replay one of the past COTMs

I'm trying to come up with something that might tie-in cIV somehow. Maybe something along the lines of a financial restriction on the number of cities under our reign.

Sid might be a bit too intense, so I'd say Deity. Landmass and civ should depend on the variant we choose IMO.

The Roster is complete:
Northern Pike
Karasu
Ainwood
AlanH
TedJackson
[mystery guest]
Space

Any room for another? I'm suffering a bit of SG withdrawal since dropping out of SGOTM. There's a rumour around Amazon that my shiny new Civ3 Complete for Mac DVD might arrive any time now, so this might be a good way to give it some exercise ...

Note that, assuming you're going to play this on C3C, I'd be back to Sorcerer's Apprentice ranking having lived in a vanilla-flavoured ghetto for three years.

allowing for 'other things'TM to exsist, outside of this game
Not a problem :) A lot of 'other things' exist outside this game for me as well.

I take it you'd rather play Sid then?
I wouldn't know where to begin :eek:

I'll put you on the alternates list.
Thanks, but it is not needed, because I don't like to start playing somewhere in the middle of the game.
If you will get PM answers in the negative, you may add me to the roster...
You would fit right in seeing the bottom line of your avatar
That line is joke of course :crazyeye:. You can see my SG's in signature :mischief:

it depends on the answers to some PMs I sent around.
Don't worry if others have prior claim, Space.

You were the one that seeded this game by resurrecting the Space-3 thread, ainwood. For that alone I couldn't afford you the option to reject playing it... :mischief:

TedJackson replied that he's in, so with six players the roster is full. There's a slim chance we might even get a seventh player, but I'm sure that you'll be as pleased as I am to see him back here, so hopefully you won't mind the long roster then.

Just checking in. :rockon: Glad to see you back, Ted.

Good to see you, NP. :)

ainwood said:
How about we simply try to beat a previous gold-medal performance in the COTM? Select one we think we can improve on, and do it?
OK, what about COTM08?
It has the right level and a nice number one to beat. :mischief: Although I normally love it when a victory type other than domination or conquest wins it, it might open a way to beat the score.

So glad to play with you all after so long! :D
And Alan and Ted back :wow: :cooool:

@Space, am I right in thinking that our mistery guest is who I think he is? ;)

Hi all,

just signing in. Nice to see some old, familiar faces :D

Happy New Year everyone!

Ted

Karasu said:
...close to outrageous! ;)
Isn't it just?! :lol: I haven't a clue whether this one is beatable, or how it compares to the others. It struck me as fitting considering who got the gold that month. I take it you agree then? No reason for you not to play that one, is there?

Sadly I haven't heared from our mystery guest yet, so I suggest we'll allow him to drop by later and start this one up soonish. I'll be away skiing 21-28 jan, BTW, but with our long roster that shouldn't be a problem.

I may need to drop down the roster if my copy of Civ3 Complete decides to take the scenic route to Amazon UK. They claim it'll be delivered this week but what do they know?

You did say you would be taking a leisurely approach to this game. What are the rules of engagement?

Top Bottom