1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Age Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by The Templar, Jan 17, 2003.

1. The Templar

The Templar Commissar

Let's face it, the modern age tech tree makes no sense as written. So I fixed it. The Space Age Mod is a greatly expanded version of my Space Race Mod v4 for vanilla Civ 3. Changes include:

• A new tech tree for the modern age - see picture below. Robotics is now actually useful!
    • Unit stats have been made rational. For instance, caravels now regularly sink galleys, marine occasionally win, etc.
    • A new government form - Neoliberalism. Neoliberalism is modern global unregulated capitalism. It has communal corruption and the standard tile bonus, but high war weariness and no draft.

The mod is split up among three folders, each of which should be extracted to the CivPTW/Scenarios folder. Download part one below, and then download Part 2 and Part 3.

And let me know about any bugs, problems, etc.

Attached Files:

2. The Templar

The Templar Commissar

Here's the new tech tree for the modern age (the industrial age adds a single tech for the Neoliberalism government after Radio, so there is nothing much changed there):

Attached Files:

3. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Looks nice, though i always stop playing before i enter the modern age.

4. The Templar

The Templar Commissar

Maybe you will find yourself continuing once installed ...
    ;)

5. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

maybe.

I cant download it though, when i push the "part2 and part3" buttoms it shows "page not found"

6. The Templar

The Templar Commissar

Thanks for the heads up. It should work now.
    Also, I earlier pulled a Firaxis and included an earlier version of the .bix file. Anyone who downloaded part one should download it again. I apologize.

7. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Part 3 is still not working:(

8. The Templar

The Templar Commissar

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH! Guess I better not apply for any jobs that have anything to do with the web. It works now. Promise.

9. stgelven

stgelven Chieftain

10. tctatheel7

tctatheel7 Running Silent, and Deep

looks good. i'm about to try it

11. Morfos

Morfos Chieftain

Wow thats cool! Mabey I should download it, I would have to look at download tips first though. I always wanted a Space Age! However, I think it should come after the modern age instead of replacing it, or is that what this patch already does?