1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Space colonization game.

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by ercolesptr, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ercolesptr

ercolesptr Chieftain

I have written a solar system colonization game, which is about 80% complete. It is similar to Millenium 2.2/Deuteros but is a realtime 3D game. I am looking for beta testers as well as people who would like to get involved in its development. At present you can download the sourcecode from here:

http://www.adrive.com/public/c3eec37d7b590db6bcd8d60792c4aabb94477d83040dda7fe133ff55da33701e.html

You will also need the free edition of Gamestudio A8 to run it, which you can download from here:

http://www.3dgamestudio.com/

Please note these in game hot-keys for helping beta testing:

[F2] Quicksave. Saves the game into the file "save_0.sav". Can also be used to mark a position in level walkthrough mode.
    [F3] Quickload. Loads the last saved game.
    [F5] Video resolution up.
    [Shift-F5] Video resolution down.
    [F6] Takes screenshots to the file "shot_n.jpg".
    [F12] Toggles music and sound.
    [Alt-F4] Shuts down the engine.
    [Esc] Shuts down the engine.
    [Alt-Enter] Toggles window and fullscreen mode.

Any comments as well as bug lists are welcome.

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

That first link is rather suspicious, 46 MBs and tries to start downloading right away? No thanks.

3. ercolesptr

ercolesptr Chieftain

That link is for a zip archive which will not execute anything. It will even need to be unzipped to be used. You can download it and see that it contains only game elements, mostly graphics and sound files. Furthermore A-drive is a site that allows you to share files, so there is nothing wrong or suspicious about it, you can create your own account on it to share your own files in the same way I did. And finally 46Mb is not too much for a good looking game. Anyway I have now compiled the sourcecode with Gamestudio A8 compiler, and therefore you need only to download the game to use it. For anyone who wants to enjoy the game here is the link:

http://www.adrive.com/public/aa20b51048b94060adb7b6c566083a0bb1db3e65737d6c0fe34f9fd2dd3508bc.html

4. ercolesptr

ercolesptr Chieftain

I have decided to create a new thread since someone has posted a scary comment about my project which has scared people away from my project, and since I need beta testers something like this is not a good start. For anyone interested to contribute to this project look for another thread called:

Beta testers needed for new game.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Well if you had posted some information and screenshots about the game I wouldn't have been suspicious. Good luck though :)

6. ercolesptr

ercolesptr Chieftain

You can see screen shoots in the other thread.

7. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.