Space Plow [7-06-06]

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
My first model in 3ds max 7. For lack of a better word it looks like a space plow. I didn't set out to make anything, but was simply practicing extruding when it took "shape". It has a ton of unnecessary polys and the skin job is a quick and dirty one so I could get a screenie before I hit the sack. Still, it might be useful to someone someday.

It's supposed to be "hovering". :)

Attachments

• spaceplow.zip
    70 KB · Views: 97
Congratulations woodelf! That's really impressive. I'm happy that you've experimented and have begun creating units. And, it's not that bad. May this be the start of many, many more :beer:

:goodjob:

Thanks Shqype. I have a feeling I'll keep chugging along. I have tons and tons of tutorials now, but prefer to fiddle around. The texturing is what is killing me.

Heh heh, very nice woodelf :goodjob:

Edit: About the texturing, I'm really not sure why you're having trouble exporting them as separate files - send me a PM, maybe we can figure it out.

GarretSidzaka said:
you are inspiring me. feel free to correspond your discoveries with me :)

Will do. If you have simple resources, improvements, or models you want done PM me something with a pic and I'll try.

@Rabbit - PM sent.

The last time I saw you post a unit was in the skinning days, and now you are complaining about texturing? JK and great unit. Who knows I might find a use for it in SWM

Civmansam said:
The last time I saw you post a unit was in the skinning days, and now you are complaining about texturing? JK and great unit. Who knows I might find a use for it in SWM

:)

In a galaxy far, far away my long term goal is a landspeeder. I have the pics, my old 28 year old toy, and some other art work.

I gotta say, that thing is original :) Now we need some snow!

Padmewan said:
I gotta say, that thing is original :) Now we need some snow!

It was attempting to be a "terraformer" as well. Dirt, ore, stuff goes in the front and comes out the rear with byproducts coming out of the stack.

Civmansam said:
Hey Dual you're back! Any plans for SW Starfighters hint hint nudge nudge

Heh, I'll probably be doing some more in the coming weeks. :)

I've just been really busy lately, so my modeling has been going very slowly. I have a unit based on Final Fantasy 6 almost done, I just need to finish animating it.

Dual said:
Heh, I'll probably be doing some more in the coming weeks. :)

I've just been really busy lately, so my modeling has been going very slowly. I have a unit based on Final Fantasy 6 almost done, I just need to finish animating it.

Oh good...someone to bug when I get to animating. :D

I'll add Dual to my PM HELP list.

Tholish said:
Where's the zip?

If you've followed the pitfalls of my learning experience you know how badly I buggered this model up in texturing. I can zip up the model as seen, but you won't be able to skin it unless I go through and redo some things. If that'a okay with you I'll upload what I have.

First post updated with zip. It can be skinned as well. Thanks to everyone for helping me overcome my mental dds/3ds max/exporter/nif/ect brain cramps. :)

ggganz said:
Try adding smoke on the bottom, if you can. Just a suggestion, I'm not downloading.

That's a good idea. Now to learn how....

Top Bottom