Space Sector PAX East impressions

Think they are talking about the one in the top left corner with with white domes.... doesn't look like ND but I'll take their word for it.

ND is just to the left of the 'Leaning' Tower, behind the walls.

It's hard to tell from the angle, but the Leaning Tower isn't parallel with the building behind it.

ND is just to the left of the 'Leaning' Tower, behind the walls.

It's hard to tell from the angle, but the Leaning Tower isn't parallel with the building behind it.

Gotcha.... wished they worked on these animations so you could actually see your city so that not everything looks like miniaturized sets.

Didn't Civ III have an animation that zoomed into you city and showed all your structures on a full screen? If Civ III can do that, not sure why Civ V can't... not the end of the world but food for thought.

If you look closely on the last image, one of the units Ballistics gives is the machine gun. But the player have already machine guns...

Any ideas about this? :confused:

P.S.: Does anyone here know what is the meaning of that ''1'' in the espionage button?

We'd already worked out the game was edited/faked - the machine guns and infantry had spent the previous turn parked beside a citadel, but began this turn with full health ;)

It's probably put together with a world-builder type program. They were assigned MG's but not the tech to build them.

If you look closely on the last image, one of the units Ballistics gives is the machine gun. But the player have already machine guns...

Any ideas about this? :confused:

Doesn't he have Gatling Guns, which upgrade to Machine Guns?

No, those are machineguns.

when they show you the espionage screen with Theodora's warnings. It has two Byzantine cities, Constantinople and Adrianople.

I may be wrong, though.

No, I think you're right. The Byzantine's icon looks like the tri-bar cross used by the Eastern Orthodox Church. Personally, I'd rather have Labarum but oh well.

If the scenario was put together with a worldbuilder type program, then that probably explains the AI's intelligent placement of citadels, great generals, and artillary?

But, if the AI made those decisions in its own capacity, then that would a huge leap forward!

So the trading posts are "fixed!" Whoo hoo. Love the idea of "Great War" era stuff. Those tanks are bad argggs.

The whole game looks better.

Top Bottom