Space Shuttle Fighter and White Halo Guy

Thankyou so much Clanky!

I'm surprised at how well you made these models turn up in game in that screenshot. Impressive work especially with the laser effect man.

What do you think of that fighter being some sort of Aerospace fighter? It looks like it fits the role perfectly.

Aerospace Fighters are likely the future of jet fighters, many countries are researching and developing these sorts of vehicles now and the application applies to outside military uses as well, as you have this technology enabling civilian craft to take off without ultra-expensive rocket launches. It will fuel the growth of oribital colonies, luner colonies and perhaps eventually, will lead to a more serious effort towards Mars.

Thankyou for making that unit Clanky.

The future of jet fighters absolutely not. Getting to space is simply cost prohibitive. And any craft with enough heat shielding to survive that would suck as a fighter. But nations of the world have been looking at space bombers, basically manned ICBM's from at least the 1930's.

Technology needs to develop to allow it, Russia is already developing an aerospace jet fighter. Current jets don't have the technology you are quite right. The end result will be something familiar but something we havent seen yet. The trick is lowering that space cost.

It's more the fact that there is simply no point in such a craft. Putting weapons in space to fight in space it self is illegal by international treaty. And throwing a fighter half way across the planet via rocket is less effective, safe and far more expensive than just using a regular aircraft carrier. Really, the only true purpose for a air-space-air craft is to give you a smart and maneuverable way of dropping nukes on your enemy. Something that can fly in like an ICBM but than start evading their air defenses intelligently long enough to acomplish glorious atomic genocide.

Weaponizing the air was also something that all the major powers tried to avoid. The thing is, if it can happen, and it is possible, and what we think is possible can change based on technological advances, it will happen, laws or not. If China decides to build a space fleet and military bases on the moon someday, and it is within their power to do so, they will.

And if it is known that they are trying to do this, other countries will as well, which is what is happening.

But I'm really not concerned about any of that, these are just fun units, and in the world of fiction possibility doesn't matter anyway and its all in good fun.

True that. But honestly I just genuinely enjoy discussions like this. I like exchanging the information we know are facts and the things we think might be in a conversational setting for the purposes of entertainment and passing the time.

There is just something fun about having a chat about the future viability and types of space warfare.

Top Bottom