Spaceship parts too expensive?

IMO space is the easiest of all the victory types. usually if you have decent enough focus you should be completing everything by about 1920-1950. Make sure you save a few great scientists to bulb and an engineer to complete the final piece.

Faithbuy great engineers?
Just save cash from a long time back - easy enough to save up 10,000G if you want to.

Faithbuy great engineers?
Just save cash from a long time back - easy enough to save up 10,000G if you want to.

You deal with Order's faith bought GEs because the Tennant's give you much more science than Freedom, to the point where it more than covers the opportunity cost of using faith on GEs as well as GSs, instead of pure GSs. Gold is obviously easier to get than GEs, but Order wins out even if parts were free for Freedom if you care about speed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IMO space is the easiest of all the victory types. usually if you have decent enough focus you should be completing everything by about 1920-1950. Make sure you save a few great scientists to bulb and an engineer to complete the final piece.

I'm still trying to get my first King difficulty Science Win. I've not seen a detailed outline of winning a Science victory on King or higher. A few players have made suggestions, but a lot of the suggestions vary by player. The current game I'm playing is probably the closes I'm going to get to a win.

Its kind of interesting what you have to give up and the level of focus you have to have on Tech. I'm finding Freedom to be about the best Ideology for the Science win, but until I win I'm still tweaking with builds and strats.

This is something interesting that I've been wondering. I only play on Prince, and while I win all the time, I only win cultural and diplomatic victories. Science victories either don't arrive by turn 500 (standard speed) or only come after the first two victories.

And this is the case even when I'm the tech leader, in fact, the world leader in all or most categories. I am obviously not the most skilled player in the world, but it clearly isn't because I'm falling behind the AI. The whole world just isn't advanced enough by 2050. Heck, some AIs are only just entering the Atomic Era by that time.

Does this mean that science victories would actually be easier on higher difficulties? Because the AIs would also tech up faster, making it easier for you to research techs that they have already researched. And because RAs with them would yield more beakers. :think:

Even if you are not used to pursuing Science victories, you should not need RAs or already-researched AI techs to do a science victory well before turn 400, regardless of difficulty level. In fact, it is easier on Prince to get key scientific wonders than on higher difficulty levels.

GOTM TSG 82 is a Prince game (America) with Science as the designated victory condition. Check it out: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522768

Although you should not review the Opening Actions thread until you've played through about turn 100 or the After Actions thread until you have submitted your own attempt, the finish times posted so far range from turn 220 to turn 425, so give it a try.

I am really surprised SV struggle on Prince-King is actually a thing :eek:
I moved to Kind just recently, but with some tweaks to playstyle I got 2 SV victories on around t360 - one as Persia with Freedom, a next-to-mountain capital but no jungles, and another as Iroquois with Order, jungles in 3rd and 4th cities but no mountains.
If you seek a science victory, you have to put a early interest in money and make a lot of trades, when I play for a science victory, I create a lot of buildings which develop gold, some wonders can help like Big Ben or Hulicarnassus and of course, the social policies Commerce can be helpful too. In the end : Gold - Sciences - Culture = Science FTW.
In my games it's Food - Production - Gold = Science FTW. I try to raise my cities fast (especially your capital) and pump them with farms and food-related buildings. Build libraries after the cities reach the population of 6, followed by Market and occasional Circus/Colosseum because with fast population growth Happiness will be an issue. All the early gold comes from diplo trade and trade routes. Another important thing - leave the Sailing or Iron Working branch for your spy to steal. I fully finish Tradition and get Swords into Plowshares.

I am really surprised SV struggle on Prince-King is actually a thing :eek:

Amazingly it is. :crazyeye:

And that was with me having Rationalism and the Porcelain Tower and making as many RAs as I could, even giving the AIs money for RAs.

Though it's true that I was avoiding Rationalism entirely, or getting it pretty late. It seems that as of now Rationalism is practically a necessity for SV.

Top Bottom