1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spaceship win?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by bigFRANK, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bigFRANK

bigFRANK Chieftain

First time I have got as far as space flight, I’ve now built the Apolo project and satisfied the requirements to build at least 4 space ship components, how do I go about building them? They don’t appear in the drop down build list, is there a requirement for me to build a launch site first? Do I need to complete another wonder? Do I need the tech for all 10 bits? Or have I just encountered a bug?

2. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

You need specific resources to build each part. Posting a save might help.

3. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Yes, most probably you are lacking a resource (Uranium, Aluminium etc).

Another possibility is: does the city's shieldbox currently contain any shields from a forest chop, from disbanding a unit or cash-rushed (pop-rushed) shields? In such a case you can't switch production to things like small wonders, great wonders and spaceship parts...

4. Jokeslayer

Jokeslayer Dedicated

IIRC they'd be in the list but wouldn't be selectable if that was the case.

5. Raliuven

Raliuven Chieftain

I've seen it both ways and I could never figure out why sometimes the option isn't there and sometimes it is just grayed out. A difference between disbanded units, forest chop, and/or cash rushes maybe?

6. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

AFAIK, if you lack a resource, the part won't appear in the list. If you have tainted shields in the box, but have all of the necessary resources, the part will be in the list, but will be grayed out.

7. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

It only appears grayed out in the city screen list, not the right click list.

8. bigFRANK

bigFRANK Chieftain

Must be tainted production then as I have all the resources required to build nukes. Will try again after the period of mobilization finishes just got to win effectively the first world war (more about how much territory I can grab than if I can win).

9. marioh

marioh Observer

You were in war mobilization? I don't think you can build any non weapons during war mobilization, though I'm not 100% sure since I almost never use that option.

10. bigFRANK

bigFRANK Chieftain

No I wasnt, am currently as a spy incident started a global war and the boost to production means even my fringe cities are contributing to the war effort.

11. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

According to the discussion over here: Mobilistation
    in Vanilla/PTW Spaceship parts can be built during mobilization, but in C3C they no longer can.
    So, Frank, this was/is probably your problem. If you still have a game save from the right point in time, you could run a quick test: make peace with someone and then check whether you can now build a part.

Lanzelot