1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Spain. Found a religion or take one?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Stacked_Deck, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Stacked_Deck

Stacked_Deck Chieftain

I just finished a Spain game where I did start my own religion. When it came time to unleash the Conquistadors all the CS bonuses made it a steamroll.

On the other hand, even if you build just one holy site that's still a lot hammers for a pay off a ways down the line. Where as your trade routes and campus adjacency are bonkers right out of the gate.

2. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I'd just start my own religion if possible because

- a religion is quite nice to have on its own with benefits you can choose yourself according to your game
    - a good faith income is also great since you can faith buy settlers and builders early on and switch to combat units later (if you build Grandmaster Chapel)
    - you need religious units anyway to pair up with your Conquistadores so you need at least one holy site sooner or later to buy some, also you need some faith to buy religious units
    - your neighbour is the most likely person to convert you if you don't get your own religion, since he is also your most likely target you might loose out on +5 (or even +9 if you slot the card) cs against them from having a different religion

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

My understanding is you have to found a religion or you will not rock and roll.