Spain/Inca DLC pack released

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by ori, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

The previously announced DLC pack containing a New World scenario and the Incan and Spanish civilizations has been released.

It is priced at €5.00 or $7.49 ($8.99 for Australian customers) respectively and is now available for download through the Steam client.

Come and join the discussion about the new civs here or the new DLC pack here.

2. Selous

Selous King

blow me firaxis, 2kgames and steam, not paying your australia tax

3. renohol

renohol Warlord

Is anyone getting this? If so or not please explain, I am not getting this, I will wait for the official expansion pack.

4. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

There's no real reason to believe all the DLC civs would be included in a future expansion. It really all depends on how/if they ultimately allow us to use the DLC civs in MP, but as they're not gameplay changes I don't see why they couldn't stay selling them after and for the expansion and stay making money.

5. gruven

gruven Chieftain

Nope. Maybe once the game is fixed. The latest patch was a step forward, but it also broke some things that used to work. Not to mention breaking all of the best community mods. So for now, no more money to 2K from me.

6. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

This pack is free if you pre-ordered from D2D.

It's £4.45 for those in the UK.

7. Edgecrusher

Edgecrusher King

The only reason I would get this DLC is because of the pre-order bonus through D2D.
    I dont know if I will even do that at this point, at least not till January.

If I didn't have that, I wouldn't buy it, simply because I do not find the game very fun.

8. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

I am getting this. And I do not believe there will be an expantion pack. Add-ons will be added only via patches (game changes and new options) and DLCs (new civs and scenarios).

9. mamba

mamba Deity

I am undecided. I certainly will get it eventually, but probably will wait a bit, as I think $7.50 is overpriced and I want to find out whether there will be expansions which include the DLC (call them DLC bundles if you want to).

Despite all the negative feedback the DLC and Civ 5 in general gets around here, the DLC is now in the Steam top sellers, so I guess most players are not as upset as some people around here would like us to believe.

10. Jenarie

Jenarie Prince

I was bored so went to check it out. I don't really like the idea of these little DLC packs but thought maybe I'd buy it since used to like playing Spain. Then I watched the commercial and it was just so bad it talked me out of buying it. Pretty odd you'd think they'd make sure the little commercials they make at least make the product sound interesting.

EDIT: A friend reminded me that I got it free with my game order so we downloaded it over the weekend. The content is way better than the commercial. Still not sure I'd spend money to buy it but I have enjoyed the civs - Spain especially encourages a different game style so it is something fun/different to mess around with.

11. mamba

mamba Deity

Only saw this now, I noticed that at the start they say "we show you two of the new civilizations in this pack" instead of "the two new...". Don't like that, sounds rather dishonest.

12. wastecan

wastecan Chieftain

DLC for the new civs clearly lists multiplayer. Bogus.

13. renohol

renohol Warlord

Tell Sid to include them with the expansion pack or I'm not buying his expansion pack. Jeez, Sid is even advertising his little 2 Civ DLC on Gamespot, I hope SOMEONE buys it or Firaxis may go broke b4 they launch their eagerly awaited Facebook game.

14. Ranbir

Ranbir Civ junkie

Darn expensive. I will pass.

15. Varelse

Varelse Rabble Rouser

If it's not included in an expansion, less people will buy the expansion.

16. mamba

mamba Deity

That argument can be made the opposite way too. If they are included, people who already bought them as DLC are less likely to buy the expansion.

Not sure either way. Right now I expect expansions to include them, otoh if the expansions contained all new civs, not ones previously available as DLC, that would be even better and not upset those who bought them as DLC (and thereby potentially hurting future DLC releases).

17. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

That's because people who write here about Civ V are usually those who want to complain about it. The people who like the game are just playing it.

18. aeo1us

aeo1us Chieftain

I will wait for a few of these to come out in a bundle or wait for them to go on sale like everything eventually does on steam.

19. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

Wow! Emo much? You're only cheating yourself if you don't take advantage of the pre-order extra.

20. NukeAJS

NukeAJS King

Anyone encounter a bug where building a terrace can give you +6 food? I haven't been able to recreate it, but I'm staring right at a 6F, 2P, 1C terrace of awesomeness.

Also, I've several terraces giving me +4F and some giving me +3 food. They are near mountains of course, but their tile descriptions are EXACTLY the same -- so how could I get different yields?

Oh yeah -- terraces are awesome.