1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spain/Portugal Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mjd260, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mjd260

mjd260 Chieftain

I just bought BtS this weekend, and I've played just one game so far, as Spain in RFC. So, if I build a Spanish city on the spot where the Portuguese would build Lisbon years later, what will happen to my city? Do they get it, or does this keep them from appearing?

2. Samson

Samson Deity

You get a choice, either you give it to them when they spawn or you get war and they get most of your units in that area for the next few turns.

normally the best stategy is to give them the city, wait 10 turns then attack while they are still weak. Odds are they will colapse when you capture their capital.

BTW it is by far my favorate way to play civ ATM. If you do not consiter it cheating you could check out the guides here and particuly the map here wlfh fhk various spawn areas.