1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spanish leader(s)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Iván de España, Mar 23, 2010.

?

Spanish leader(s), select 1 to 3

1. Isabella

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ferdinand

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Charles I

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Philip II

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Philip V

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Charles III

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Manuel Azaña

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Francisco Franco

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Felipe González

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. Liuvigild, Reccared, Recesvintus, or another Visigoth King of Spain

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  11. Isabella+Ferdinand

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

I made this poll again because it was closed when some people began to discus things not related with this thread using agressive words. So, please, write about Spanish leaders, special units, or special buildings. :)

Which leaders do you want for the Spanish civilization?

1) Isabella (or Isabel la Católica in Spanish) is the most famous, but she just ruled in Castille.
    +88 votes

2) Ferdinand (or Fernando el Católico) was the first ruler in Spain considered as King of Spain by the other European rulers, and he ruled in Castille, Aragon and Navarre.
    +27 votes

3) Charles I (or Carlos I) was the most powerful ruler in his time, but the problem is that he ruled in Germany too.
    +24 votes

4) Philip II (or Felipe II) was the first King of all Spain because, in his time, Portugal was considered a Spanish kingdom and used the non-official title of "King of the Spains".
    +49 votes

5) Philip V (or Felipe V) was the first one who used the title of "King of Spain".
    +13 votes

6) Charles III (or Carlos III) used politics of Enlightenment to develop Spain in economy, culture, and science. Besides, he helped Washington in the War of Independence.
    +13 votes

7) Azaña was the main Prime Minister of the II Spanish Republic, time of social and culture evolution.
    +4 votes

8) Franco was a dictator who ruled during 30 years and was friend of Hitler, although later he was friend of Eishenhower.
    +25 votes

9) Felipe González was the main Prime Minister of the nowadays Spanish democracy.
    +2 votes

10) Liuvigild, Reccared, Recesvintus, or another Visigoth King of Spain. During 6th-8th centuries, the Visigoths ruled in Spain with the capital in Toledo. In the time of Liuvigild and Reccared, Spain was the most developed and powerful territory in Western Europe.
    +11 votes

11) Isabella+Ferdinand, the Catholic Kings. :queen: :king:
    New option

I don't include Arab leaders because they weren't considered by themselves as Spanish. Besides, I don't include Cordobese emirs, Leonese kings, Castillian kings, Aragonese kings, and Portuguese kings (the Portuguese were considered as Spanish by themselves and their neighbours) because they didn't rule in all the Spanish territory.

2. Dale

Dale Deity

3. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

4. Dale

Dale Deity

Do you SERIOUSLY not get that Spain is NOT in civ5? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

I would like that the Spanish unit was the "tercio" instead of the "conquistador". The "tercio" could replace the musketeer (I don't sure the English spelling) because was mainly formed by soldiers with arquebus. Look this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio
    :) :) :) :) :)

6. Dale

Dale Deity

Please kill me.

7. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

I would like that the Spanish unit was the "tercio" instead of the "conquistador". The "tercio" could replace the musketeer (I don't sure the English spelling) because was mainly formed by soldiers with arquebus. Look this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio
    :):):):):)

8. Chalks

Chalks The blue pieces

Why do I get a mental image of you sitting in the corner of your room, rocking backwards and forwards repeating this over and over?

Moderator Action: Trolling -warned
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Nunca me rindo y vuestros insultos de niños me resbalan.

Moderator Action: spam and non-english flaming - warned
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

10. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

So, my idea is that they use the "tercio" instead of the "conquistador."

11. Dale

Dale Deity

You should give up, and we are not insulting you. We just wish you would accept that Spain is not in Civ5 and stop making these silly threads.

12. Iván de España

Iván de España Chieftain

The tercio was a military unit formed by arcabusers (later replaced by musketeers), pikemen, canyons, and chivalry. So, your propusal is right, but I think the main element was the arcabusers.

13. [KC]Bantams

[KC]Bantams Chieftain

Maybe it would be better to create a 100 reasons why spain isnt included thread :p

14. bjbrains

bjbrains Man of U-235

By the way, threads are usually closed for a reason. Recreating them in a lame attempt to try to get your point across again doesn't work. And there are people outside of Spain who can understand some spanish. So calling our points "Insults of children" isn't a good way to make yourself look legitimate instead of continuing your nonsensical whining.

15. TheNiceOne

TheNiceOne Emperor

Here's who I think should be the Spanish leaders, special units, and special buildings:

That's right. As Spain is not in, I think it would be stupid to add any Spanish leaders, special units or buildings :lol:

...so please come back when Spain gets included in an expansion. :)

16. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.