Spanish translation

Terkhen

King
Hello!

I have been enjoying this mod lately; I would like to thank everyone involved for creating this :)

I have noticed that some strings of the spanish translation are incomplete, and I also think that some parts could be corrected a bit. Therefore I would like to help with the translation if that is possible :)

Great! Update your versions of the xml files and then post them in this thread.

I have started with the XML files in my BAT installation. I hope that merging my changes with trunk will be simple :p

Are the strings listed in AutoSave_Options.xml used anywhere? I can't see any of them in BUG options and the string identifiers don't appear anywhere else in the Assets folder.

EDIT: Same happens with BUFFY strings. Do I need to activate / install something else to see where those strings are being used?

Do what you can - if you can't find where it is used in game, then note that. It might be that it isn't (or it was and then got changed).

I'm going to translate the latest SVN version of BUG first, I guess that all texts there will be included in upcoming versions of BUG/BAT. I have started adapting my existing translation to the SVN strings; just in case it is useful, here is a list of text files from BAT stable not included in BUG SVN. I guess that some (or all of them) are just BAT exclusive, or just files that have been renamed.

Code:
AdvancedCombatOdds_CIV4GameText
BAT Pop Text
BULL_Civ4GameText
Civ4DiplomacyText
Civ4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS
Civ4GameText_Events_BTS
Civ4GameText_Warlords_Diplomacy
GlobalWarmingTextInfos
GovernorWorkers_Civ4GameText
HiddenAttitudes_Civ4GameText
SentryActions_Civ4GameText
VarietasDelectat

I'm going to translate the latest SVN version of BUG first, I guess that all texts there will be included in upcoming versions of BUG/BAT. I have started adapting my existing translation to the SVN strings; just in case it is useful, here is a list of text files from BAT stable not included in BUG SVN. I guess that some (or all of them) are just BAT exclusive, or just files that have been renamed.

Code:
AdvancedCombatOdds_CIV4GameText
BAT Pop Text
BULL_Civ4GameText
Civ4DiplomacyText
Civ4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS
Civ4GameText_Events_BTS
Civ4GameText_Warlords_Diplomacy
GlobalWarmingTextInfos
GovernorWorkers_Civ4GameText
HiddenAttitudes_Civ4GameText
SentryActions_Civ4GameText
VarietasDelectat

Much of the text for BAT, starting with version 3, is new and not in the SVN (Because I can't make the SVN thingie work. :mad: )

If you are going to translate anything for BAT, you should translate anything that is not specifically in BUG or BULL, as the rest of the text will be BAT specific.

I have finished the spanish translation. It is made against a SVN version of BUG (I don't know the revision, but I downloaded it from the homepage two days ago). It does not include a translation of the strategy guides or the traitspedia.

EDIT: I found where the different files I mentioned are placed in the repositories. I'm going to translate the BULL files too. What are the most recent text files for BAT then? The ones at the latest stable release?

EDIT2: Translation removed. A fixed one has been uploaded later in this thread.

What are the most recent text files for BAT then? The ones at the latest stable release?
Yes. The latest stable release (3.0.1) of BAT is the one that you should use. Don't worry about anything that is common with BUG and BULL because I can merge in the translations that you have already provided. I can also merge in your translations with Better BAT AI.

And thank you very much for doing this! :)

Now all we need is for LM to learn how to SVN and we can all share her goodies.
Spoiler :
err ... that didn't come out right.

Ok :)

BAT will take more time, as it includes a huge list of nice leader quotes. By default it seems to use vanilla quotes for other languages, but (at least in spanish) they are not very good and the new ones are better and more entertaining to read :p

Now all we need is for LM to learn how to SVN and we can all share her goodies.
Spoiler :
err ... that didn't come out right.
You leave my goodies alone. :p

Spoiler :
Actually, I just had the evil thought of committing a really good closeup of some lady parts to the SVN and then telling you "hands off!", but Andie wouldn't take the picture. :mischief:

Spoiler :
And there would go my account at SourceForge. :lol:

Spoiler :
And my dignity...

Spoiler :
Who am I kidding? That was gone a long time ago. :D

As I expected it seems that I can't test my translation of BUG / BULL with a stable version, because the SVN version includes less (or differently named) strings. Therefore, a huge disclaimer about missing strings will appear in some places. I would prefer to playtest my translation before it gets included (I noticed by chance a big bug in my BIG translation posted above). What should be the best way to do this?

The BAT translation (including all leader quotes) is finished and is going to be playtested later. Since it is based on the stable version I don't expect any problems there :)

I'll help with the BAT playtesting, if you like. I can get a jump start on the merging that I need to do that way. :)

The BAT translation does not complain about wrong XML tags anymore (my text editor has the bad habit of duplicating the XML tags somewhat randomly...), but the leader quotes are plagued by gender/case errors. I have fixed most of these errors, but it still needs another review to be sure.

I'm attaching the BAT translation to this post. Every XML file except the diplomacy ones should be considered as finished regarding the spanish translation. I might need to do more changes, but only to the diplomacy files.

I have also tried to test the BUG/BULL translation, I downloaded the latest SVN version from the website, but after loading it as a mod it seems that BUG isn't loaded at all; I can't access the options window. The civilopedia is also using the standard layout. What should I do to make it work?

Attachments

• BAT.rar
    231.9 KB · Views: 64
Wow, thank you so much for these translations! As for missing text keys, can you post a few examples so I can help diagnose the problems? BUG and BULL haven't been changed in a year, so whatever you worked on is current.

I have been getting the itch to mod again now that a) my new computer is working and zippy fast, b) Civ5 is horribly unsatisfying, and c) I need to get back into coding not-for-work to regain my sanity, or perhaps just lose it more slowly.

LM, as maintainer of the BUG SVN repository, all photos of lady parts should be submitted to me via email. Videos are acceptable, too. ;)

Looking forward to a new BUG/BULL version, I translated the SVN version instead of the stables. I downloaded the latest daily build, which according to the website was uploaded "08-Mar-2010 21:02". It seems that the SVN version of BUG is a lot newer: "Sep 21 06:13:03 2010"; I hope that strings don't change much in that interval :/

I also just noticed that the latest stable is even newer than the latest daily build (May 17 07:36:52 2010 according to the date of the branch of 4.4). Maybe translating the daily build was a mistake?. Luckily I keep my translations as diff files, so if this was an error I should be able to fix it in less time.

The SVN version is always the preferred starting point since that's what I will always work from. Alerum had nightly snapshots being created for a while, but I think that broke at some point. I haven't made any changes to BUG or BULL since Civ5's release, September 21st, 2010.

In any case, it's not too hard to do a three-way merge as long as I know the starting point as it does a diff from A to B and applies it to C, as you seem to be aware.

I have to set up everything from scratch on my new machine, so it may be some time before that happens. If we can get LM set up on SVN should could add the files, but there's really no rush until we make a new release. Again, I greatly appreciate the translations. Google Translate can do only so well.

Indeed, the daily builds are quite old, even older than the latest stable. Maybe the link should be removed from the homepage, to prevent further confusions :)

I have merged my diff files with the latest revisions of BUG (r2245) and BULL (r220). Now it seems that my translation works with the BAT stable I'm using without problems, so I'm going to test it for a while before uploading them again. Do you prefer a diff file or a zip with all XML files?

Top Bottom