SparGamez2: Carthage (Rise of Rome)

Understandable. It doesn't make much of a difference, because production can always be changed. I guess I should have stressed the we are now it "domination mode" (or at least I was playing in it), and the only things that matter are extra tiles, extra population, and extra units.

If I am really up, then I skip.

I have been a bit of a skipper lately. :(

Pre-turn - Turn 1:

Not much micro to make, changed some builds to workers to use the short-rush, and repeat the process again with settlers to speed up Heavy Cav production, walls in Emporiae (near Ariminium), Courthouse in Lilibeo with forest chop and 265gp.

Diplo:
Sold maps, spices and wines to Persia for 275gp.
Military alliance with the Goths versus Rome signed.
Military alliance with the Persia versus Rome signed.

Started pillaging roads around Ivory since the colony i can´t pillage. The plan is to build Spears that cost 20 shields in medium corrupt cities.

Short-rushed for settlers in Northern Africa and Spain (2 cities), short-rushed 2 Firecats in northern spain.

Moved reinforcements to Spain using already boated troops, joined somemore ftom surrounding cities.

(IBT) Rome send 2 legio III´s towards Emporiae

Turn 2

Carthago - Heavy Cav -> Switch to Galley
Marsala -> Harbor -> Switch to Worker (for short rush)
Malaca -> Settler -> Swicth to worker
Thenae -> Heavy Cav
Cirta -> Heavy Cav
Gabes -> Galley
Utica -> Heavy Cav
Emporiae -> Walls

Combat Emporiae:
Firecat damages Legio III (5/6)
Firecat damages 2nd Legio III (5/6)
Firecat damages Legio III (3/6)
vHeavy Cav (4/4) vs vLegio III (5/6) -> eHeavy Cav (1/5)
vHeavy Cav (4/4) vs vLegio III (3/6) -> eHeavy Cav (2/5)

Pillage second road to ivory using a heavy cav, only one remaining.
Short-rushed workers/settlers everywhere i could and switched back to initial builds.

Founded Palma in the Baleares and Tripoli in North Africa.
Founded 2 more cities in Sardinia, they are put to warrior production.
Looking at the situation, i think we could use the Baleares and Sardinia as a vWarrior production factories, just chop the forests and short rush barracks and keep pumping warriors every 10t, making almost 1 vWarrior every turn, then bring it to a barracks city and we have cheap Swordsmans.

Repaired the ship chain, it now consists of 3 groups of 3 galleys each, one is lurking.

Opened up a roaded plains tile in Sardinia to allow Greece to unload its invasion force, we don´t want to be bad hosts, welcome to our lands!

Turn 3:

Carthago -> Galley
Thenae-> Heavy Cav
Leptis Magna -> HeavyCav
Syracuse-> Galley
Sardinia-> Warriors

(IBT)Lost galley to roman galley.

(IBT) Macedon unloads 3 Heavy Cavs in Sardinia and starts the journey back (at least they don´t mess with the ship chain anymore).
Legio III kills Num Merc outside Emporiae (how many legions does Rome have anyway arf)

Turn 4:

Sunk macedon and roman galley, losing 2 galleys in the process.

Sardinia:
eHeavy Cav(5/5) vs vHeavy Cav(4/4) ->eHvy Cav(4/5)
eHeavy Cav(5/5) vs vHeavy Cav(4/4) ->eHvy Cav(5/5)
eWar Elephant (6/6) vs vHeavy Cav(4/4) -> eWar Elephant (5/6) and a leader is born!! Hannibal Barca is appointed General and fortifies in a city nearby!

Emporiae:
Damaged roman legions using 3 Firecats;
Lost 1 Heavy Cav to kill 2 Legio´s III, one of our cav´s retreated.
Sunked another macedon Galley using a (3/5) galley.

Pillaged last road to ivory and positioned 2 workers to reconnect when needed, spear production is set up.

Turn 5

(IBT)Lost 2 workers to a barbarian horsemen, damm! must have missed this.

Carthago-> Galley
Gabes-> Spearmen
Utica ->Spearmen
Thenae->Heavy Cav

Killed barbarian Horsemen near Kersinglar.
Heavy Cav heads south to deep desert to find goody hut.

Notes:

Get 8 units into galleys and ship them to Sicily, looking at the military we are still weak to Rome and Persia but with the war with Goths, Celts and Persia i think we could invade Croton.

There is a settler and worker in Messana to build a reinforcement base on the tip of the italian peninsula, spears are beeing built for upgrades, and there is already a sizable force ready to attack if we count with the troops in Sardinia, Sicily and Carthago area. Just need to be planned.

Ivory is cut off and i advise to make more spears until we have enough to defend our invasion stack of Croton, after beeing upgraded of course. When anyone wants to reconnect it, there are 2 workers nearby idle.

I think the situation in Spain is somewhat instable, i keep wondering when will Rome send a massive storm army there, but with Goths now at war with them also, maybe things will be better.

Hannibal is in Cagliar.

eWar Elephant (6/6) vs vHeavy Cav(4/4) -> eWar Elephant (5/6) and a leader is born!! Hannibal Barca is appointed General and fortifies in a city nearby!
:woohoo: Nice turns!

We got lucky :), maybe we could keep fishing for leaders on Sardinia, while we are at war with Macedon....

1: GamezRule => In skiping mood
2: Hasdrubal Barca => Just Played
3: Bowsling => Up! (probably M.I.A.?)
4: Sparthage => Fixing his computer
5: Elephantium => Eating a peanut butter sandwich

Do you want to go back to you being 1 and me being 4. :please:

I like the number 4. ;)

1: Sparthage => Fixed Hs Computer
2: Hasdrubal Barca => Just Played
3: Bowsling => Up!
4: GamezRule => On Deck
5: Elephantium => Still eating a peanut butter sandwich

I'm up and I got this!

<= The postcount is looking nice! :cool:

Nothing, should have just PM'ed it to Sparthage.

I post in OT, that's nothing! :p

That doesn't include a bunch of forum spam, so it's probably more like 20 more posts.

Top Bottom