Sparkling Montezuma

civplayah

phantasm
Is no one else having this glitch? I couldn't find a thread on it...

Shiny Monty.jpg

And then, a variation where he's black but not sparkling.

Black Monty.jpg

I haven't had that problem (I'm running a minspec machine w/o animated leaders though), but as a rookie 3D graphics artist, I've been having problems where everything gets all "black" on some of MY work too. So frustrating. I ended up completely remaking entire portions of my artwork, but unfortunately that isn't really an option here.

I have nothing really to help,

but that first one is too cool, like he is made of rock or something

MONTY SMASH!

lol, best of luck

My answer to your issue is the typical "update your graphics drivers etc." That is what you usually do when graphics issues appear. Of course, having in mind the numerous bugs of CiV, it is possible that you have a damaged save and that this issue will not be fixed unless you start a new game.

BTW, you are friends with Montezuma? I hate you for this :lol:

Okay, seriously: System specs please.
On what level did you set the graphics settings?
Are the drivers up to date?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

Specs- Vista with 415 free gigs.
Service Pack 2.
Model: XPS 420
4 gigs of RAM.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Proc.

Graphics settings are on high.
Not sure what you mean by 'drivers'. If by graphics card, then it should be up to date.

My answer to your issue is the typical "update your graphics drivers etc." That is what you usually do when graphics issues appear. Of course, having in mind the numerous bugs of CiV, it is possible that you have a damaged save and that this issue will not be fixed unless you start a new game.

BTW, you are friends with Montezuma? I hate you for this :lol:

It happens every game Monty's in.

Actually, this screen isn't from a game I played, it's from a game my brother played on the same computer. In the game I'm playing, I took his capital and razed two other cities.

Graphics settings are on high.
Not sure what you mean by 'drivers'. If by graphics card, then it should be up to date.

So...and what graphics card do you have, and why do you know that the graphics drivers are up to date?

I have an nVidia GeForce FX 5200.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are joking, aren't you?
If you are serious: it's a near miracle you even got the game to start, and an even bigger miracle that fancy leader scene played at all :D

That driver is probably from 2006 or thereabouts.

You most definately need a new graphics card for Civ5 ;)

Umm, okay. I actually didn't know it was that old. Apparently I was mistaken. :) My computer technician said it was good and that was about 2 years ago.

I haven't lowered the settings.

Nebuchadnezzar and Askia do it a little, too. So, basically, the leaders with fire.

Top Bottom