1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawned on the same tile as holland settler

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by japanesesamurai, Sep 12, 2020.

1. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

So I just started as Germany on a real location earth map (fxs map). My warrior spawned on the same tile as a holland settler. I declared war. Took the settler and holland was defeated. Is this as intended?
    Setup: deity, 5 players, epic speed, vanilla map

2. japanesesamurai

japanesesamurai Prince

However, 20 turns later I was invaded by 6 Barbarian horsemen and 5 Georgian warriors. :goodjob: What goes around comes around

Attached Files:

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  3. Snarf054

Snarf054 Chieftain

Way better than a danish warrior spawning on your settler.

japanesesamurai and craney1987 like this.
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Europe is definitely crowded on a TSL map both by land and civs. It doesn't help that Aachen is in the most eastern part of Germany.

I mean you can see Western Europe and into the Middle East in that one screenshot with Georgia. :crazyeye:

If there are five players someone either in the Americas, East Asia, Australia, or Africa are going to have a fun time at least.

japanesesamurai likes this.
  5. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Yeah, this is actually quite normal on the True Start Europe map, especially if you're Germany and Netherlands is there too.

TSL Europe is really fun to play as one of the Eleanors because everyone is so close.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  6. JJOne

JJOne Prince

Western..

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Think one thing....type another. :o

8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

The Firaxis TSL map is fun to play a game of "who in Europe and the Middle East survives the first five turns." :mischief:

8housesofelixir likes this.
  9. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir King

And "who in Balkan/Greece can plop the first city and who will become a nomad for the next 50 turns."

I had a TSL game where Gorgo just wandering around the world with 1 settler and 2 warriors until Medieval Era. Both Matthias and Alexandra plopped down their capitol before Gorgo's move, successfully taking all the available spaces in the Balkans.

Zaarin likes this.
  10. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

That's unique. In TSL games I've played Gorgo usually kills everyone else in the Balkans, even Alexander. :lol:

11. Hans Castorp

Hans Castorp Prince

The trick with the Greeks is to play as Pericles, with Alex and Gorgo. Anything below Emperor you can snag both their settlers in two turns... The only thing to remember is to declare war before settling your city so their units are not expelled.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  12. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

To make it balanced, the real starting location map shall be forced to randomize 1 from West & North Europe(England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Carthage, Spain, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden), 1 from Africa(Zulu, Kongo, Mali, Ethiopia), 1 from East Europe & Middle East(Poland, Hungary, Russia, Greece, Macedon, Persia, Arabic, Scythia, Egypt), 1 from East Asia(China, Korea, Mongolia), 1 from South Asia(India, Khmer), 1 from North & Central America(Cree, Canada, USA, Maya, Aztecs), 1 from South America(Brazil, Bolivia, Inca) and 1 from Australia & Pacific Islands (Australia, Maori, Japan, Indonesia)

If you random uniformly according to Civ, Europe and Middle East will be too crowded while other parts of the world will be too empty.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  13. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Currently there's too many civilizations in Europe, while too few in Asia. This makes the real starting location very imbalanced. They shall add more civilizations, like

South Asia:
    1: Vietnamese civilization
    2: Singapore civilization, (can be made to a specific civilization that forces OCC like Civ5 Venice, with a lot of additional bonuses that helps OCC)
    3: Nepalese civilization

East Asia:
    1: Huns civilization (led by dual leader of Attila and Modu)
    2: Afghanistan Civilization

South America:
    1: Paraguay Civilization

14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Reality: Now let's add Byzantium and Gaul! :lol:

15. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

That will only make Europe more crowded. :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

16. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Emperor

Yeah, I get why they prioritise civs that represent current major and growing markets, but really, to avoid the situation of early Civ VI where most games on standard maps would not have a single black African leader, I take an approach of making sure that for every culture of European heritage, you also add one from Asia, one from Africa, and one from the Americas or Oceania