Spawning Specific Barbarian Units

Brucha

King
Is there any way to make a barbarian camp spawn specific barbarian units, or is it random? For instance, can you mod a camp to spawn to build say only barbarian archers (or a newly created barbarian unit)? Or does the camp spawn units from the barbarian list for the scenario at random?

In the editor, on the general settings tab, you can choose the units barbarian camps spawn, it is located on the right-hand side under Basic Barbarian and Advanced Barbarian.

Tom

Sorry, maybe I need to clarify - can you select a single camp, out of all the camps, to produce different units than the others? I assume you cannot.

That is what I thought, Thanks Vitote!

You can make the Barbs spawn new barbs when they defeat a unit.And you can have barbs start with some of these units if you really wish.

You can make the Barbs spawn new barbs when they defeat a unit.And you can have barbs start with some of these units if you really wish.

I just took a look in Civ3Edit and could not find that option. Where is it located?

Barbarians, unfortunately, cannot enslave. I've tested this before, and it didn't work... :sad:

Oh, he meant enslaving units. I misunderstood then.

All barbarian camps will always be the same, but, depending on what you want, you could perhaps mod certain civs. If you make settlers unbuildable by certain civs, then these civs remain single town civs. I suppose, if you set these civs to 'never produce culture', they'll probably build a lot of units, so they would become a sort of uncivilized pest on the map, I guess.
I've never fooled around with this, but they do something similar a lot in the 'game of the month'. I don't know if this sounds like anything you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it in.

All barbarian camps will always be the same, but, depending on what you want, you could perhaps mod certain civs. If you make settlers unbuildable by certain civs, then these civs remain single town civs. I suppose, if you set these civs to 'never produce culture', they'll probably build a lot of units, so they would become a sort of uncivilized pest on the map, I guess.
I've never fooled around with this, but they do something similar a lot in the 'game of the month'. I don't know if this sounds like anything you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it in.

Hrmm, that would not work for my purposes. What I was hoping to do was this: have a barbarian camp that spawned woid wolves for the Lord of the Mods Middle Earth game.Then do the same for a couple of other monsters.

Well, you could mark the woid wolve as the unique unit for a minor civ, available straight away, and all other units unavailable to them. Then do the same with a couple of other monsters for other civs.
I'm unfamiliar with the Lord of the Mods Middle Earth Game.

About all you can do if you want a barbarian camp to have specific units is preset them on it as part of the scenario. However, you will only have the number of units you preset, unless you also have that unit selected as one of your two barbarian units in the General Settings Menu in the editor. You can give the barbarians any unit you want to that you have them set to have.

To preset your Barbarian Units in a scenario, decide what Barbarian camp you want them in and go to the Set Active Player button on the Editor Tool Bar. Choose Barbarian, and the the unit that you want and click it until you have the correct number of units. However, these will be Regular Units, not Conscripts, which is the normal setting for Barbarian units. If you want Conscripts, you will have to manually set each unit to Conscript. The camp will not produce any more of the set unit, unless it is one of the default barbarian units.

Top Bottom