1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spawning year bug?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Acek, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Acek

Acek Chieftain

No civ except for the ones starting in 3000BC or 600AD is spawning in the correct year. Yesterday I tested to play as the Americans and I spawned with no technologies and a cathapult like 1860AD. Recently I tried again with the Russians and then i spawned in 1160 instead of 860. Does anyone know how to fix all this? Should be possible in Python somehowe.

2. binTravkin

binTravkin Chieftain

Reinstall the game with correct patches, etc.

3. Acek

Acek Chieftain

I have the correct patches:S At least I've downloaded the latest BTS patch and the latest RFC.

4. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

There's something seriously wrong with your game. Do you have Python exceptions enabled?

5. Acek

Acek Chieftain

Everything worked perfectly fine without the patch. I guess I'll just try with reinstalling it once more then..

6. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Whilst you can simply patch BTS, you should be deleting RFC before you download the new version, I believe your problem might stem from this.

Didn't Rhye slightly change the calendar between versions to extend the modern era? It could expain why you're spawning 100 years too late.

Also, I'd consider downloading embryodead's RFC Epic/Marathon. It is exactly the same as regular RFC (if you only play on normal speed) but loads faster, and has the option to play Epic/Marathon speeds.

EDIT: RFC E/M can be found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354241
    Download this rather than RFC.