Speak for yourself !!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ramius75, Jul 29, 2007.

?

Should the world thank USA for leading against Terrorism ??

1. Yes

16.4%
  2. No

83.6%
  1. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6920877.stm

Now, what the hell is this ?? Do you guys agree that the world owns a debt to the USA ?? Or is this guy sucking up ? Or shall he just speaks for himself ??

Is thee such a thing call International terrorism ?? Or shall each country dealt with their own sets of internal problems ?

As far as im concern. Most of the attacks can actually be accredited to 2 kind of motives.

A) International attack to force(edit) a country to submit or change their policy
    B) Internal attacks mostly due to secessions

Most of the attack of A is that much of them happened only after the USA invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Where else most of B are already happened and most country already have this problem.

And then we have to ask is that terrorism is getting worse or better ?? Is the world winning against such attacks ??? Are the steps taken by USA and Britain stopping terrorism ???

I must protest against such statement and i think from a position this Gordon brown is representing. He should be more careful when he tries to speak for everyone else.

2. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

He is sucking up and he sould speak for himself if he is capable of doing so. Terrorism in my opinion has been getting progressively worse and the Us hasn't been doing much to make things better by making iraq a living hell.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    The US has done much worse in the War against Terror.

Thank you Emperor Bush for putting our nation's image in the compost pile :rolleyes:.

4. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Even if it's efforts are in the wrong places, I do admire the willingness of the United States to stand up to terrorism. The foreign policies of countries like Spain are lacking that way.

5. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

Hey, we saved your butts in WWI and WWII

6. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

That has nothing to do with the terrorism. Also I think that is a stretch in some cases.

7. Aramazd

Aramazd Deity

I think the US is leading the way, but I don't think were doing a good job.

He's joking you know.

8. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

But most countries do stand up against terrorism. I have to admit that the USA is among the worse hit ever but the responce is not correct and infact its making things worse. but after poodle Blair departed, Why is another Britain PM sucking up to USA in this way ?

That will depend on which side of the war isn't it ?? But i do agreed that USA saved Singapore from the Japanese in WWII.

9. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Err... the world doesn't owe us anything in our fight against terror except a reprimand, considering we have only created another generation of extremists.

10. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

I don't expect any gratitude from anyone. We do what we must, for ourselves and for our honor. Mistakes? Our fill of them, sure, but I will not apologize for my country for taking a stand against this evil.

11. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I think also that this guy doesn't realize that not all terrorists are islamic radicals. One small example: Aum Shinrikyo.

12. Mehmed100

Mehmed100 Hunger is Distasteful

Q: What do we owe to the United States?
    A: Nothing for anything recent

13. Gilder

Gilder Deity

They us for the iPhone, but not for fighting terrorism.

14. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

And they saved our butts in World War III. [/Simpsons reference]

It's part sucking up to keep on really good terms and part acknowledgment of the leadership role provided by the US (whether you agree that's good or not) in the war that Britain is definitely playing a part.

15. amadeus

amadeus Hey now!

The difference is that Aum has disbanded; the last attack by them was a dozen years ago.

16. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

They are still an active cult...

17. amadeus

amadeus Hey now!

Yes, but they aren't blowing up airplanes or putting landmines on the highways.

18. Harbringer

Harbringer Your A One Flower Garden

I f***ing hate those(the landmines)

19. jeps

jeps Arcadefire

ohh THANK YOU US (drives 2 hours and kisses ground) for letting me be free and independent, and not dead in this terrorism capital of the world that is Canada, where amazingly we had our very own terror plot, and thank you so much oh overlords of ours.

In honour of the US, the last part of our national anthem has been changed to

OH AMERICA, you stand on guard... for...WE!

It reminds me of how once someone suggested that Canada is only independent because they let us be, and that they even CAUSED it. (one of the reasons for independence was the END of the treaty of reciprocity, not the start :rolleyes:) they suggested that we kiss the shoes of every american we met, and thank them for being a country. however, that forum closed down a while ago, and it seems that the argument is nowhere to be found. how unfortunate.

20. BasketCase

BasketCase Username sez it all

The debt owed by the rest of the world is an unknown. So we kill terrorists here or there--what would they have blown up, in what country, had we not killed them? Iraq? Iran? Saudi Arabia? Canada?? Who knows.

IMO it gets repaid when, say, a hurricane hits New Orleans and the rest of the world forgets all about Iraq War #2 and extends humanitarian aid.

In the end, I think it all works out.