Special Judicial Session: Presidental Nomination

Black_Hole

Deity
Bertie requested to have the Special Judicial Session of Presidental Nominations posted as a discussion.

A president cannot be official chosen until the poll closes, however.

According to the law(which will most likely pass) the Chief Justice(CivGeneral) will nominate someone and the Judge Advocate(I) and Public Defender(mhcarver) will vote along with the CJ.

Please post here if you wish to be nominated by the Chief Justice. This method will be much faster that having CG pming people.

Possible Nominees
Double Stack
Donovan_Zoi
Stuck as a Mac

Note: It now appears we will be winning via Domination, so the President will only play 1 turnchat(about 3 or 4 turns I believe)

Note2: To be considered, you must not currently be a Deputy or Elected Official

Black_Hole said:
Note2: To be considered, you must not currently be a Deputy or Elected Official

I would like to include elected officals and deputies because I accepted a nomination for governor believing that somebody already accepted a nomination for president.

Therefore I would like to be considered for nomination as president regardless of my elected status. Even if I resign my elected office, the president have to appoint one anyway. So if I resign my office to be president which then I can appoint someone else to be governor if necessary (3 to 4 turn til domination...if the victory vote goes through).

Domination is actually 2 turns away if we rush culture in Gordium.

How about this...if domination wins the victory poll, have Chieftess be honorary president since she was the president last term. Won't hurt!

Black_Hole said:
Possible Nominees
None yet
Actualy, I have recived two nominations. One is from Double Stack and the other is from Donovon Zoi. I am considering nominating DZ for the job :).

CivGeneral said:
Actualy, I have recived two nominations. One is from Double Stack and the other is from Donovon Zoi. I am considering nominating DZ for the job :).
I would approve of DZ(but we need to wait till July 3 before we begin official talks), however I will not vote for anyone that is going to resign from office to become President(Sorry Double Stack)

Black_Hole said:
I would approve of DZ(but we need to wait till July 3 before we begin official talks), however I will not vote for anyone that is going to resign from office to become President(Sorry Double Stack)
Hense why I am more inclined to select DZ since he does not hold an office, has past presidential experiance, and has enthuiasm for the presidency. :)

Recently I have recived word via PM from Stuck as a Mac, that he wishes to self nominate himself for this possition.

Has each candidate explained why they should be considered after not doing do during the election cycle?

Will the candidates actually carry out the wishes of the people regarding a cultural victory, or will their fingers "slip"?

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
Has each candidate explained why they should be considered after not doing do during the election cycle?

Will the candidates actually carry out the wishes of the people regarding a cultural victory, or will their fingers "slip"?

-- Ravensfire
actually domination is winning now after about 3 people changed votes in the poll

ravensfire said:

-- Ravensfire

The domination victory won.

Black_Hole said:
actually domination is winning now after about 3 people changed votes in the poll
Actualy, after 4 people changed their votes in the poll

Besure to save the game 1 turn before victory, too, so everyone gets to see the victory.

With SaaM entering the fold, I would like to withdraw my candidacy for President of Term 5. This will be a great way to honor one of our most tenured citizens in way that works out best for his schedule.

Besides, my appointment would have only led to more controversy. Once in contol of the game, I planned to eliminate Gordium and possibly Persepolis from the map and blame it on the aggression of our warhawk nation. I would have also ended the "Kaboom-skie" story by dying in battle, once again creating the need for a new President.

However, this scenario would have allowed us to pursue our original goal of a Cultural Victory by using an RPG storyline to make it happen. I would have "posthumously" ;) defended my methods in court once the obvious CC was raised, and participation would have gone through the roof. My defence would have been, of course, "the will of the people."

But alas (or thankfully?), some citizens changed their votes at the last minute and the game will end with a whimper. I think in the future, we need to focus more on a collective story than just the game of Civ itself, or there will be nothing truly special about the DemoGame at all.

I would like to thank the court for their consideration, and wish the best to SaaM and DoubleStack.

Sorry to see you withdrawing your canadacy DZ :sad:.

Black_Hole said:

Sorry Black Hole, DZ withdraw his nomination but I guess you going for SaaM now? I am still here and pressing the end turn button twice won't hurt :)

Double Stack said:
Sorry Black Hole, DZ withdraw his nomination but I guess you going for SaaM now? I am still here and pressing the end turn button twice won't hurt :)
I don't want the President to be someone who resigned from office just to end the game, sorry

I didn't want to be president just to end the game. I just want to be president uncontested :) Didn't see that til it was too late during nomination and election time.

Edit: Chieftess delcine her self nomination on June 26, 1:31 pm PDT. Strider posted the empty offices thread at 1:43 pm PDT on the same day. I didn't have time to decline the nomination for Governor and become a canditate for President because I was not on at that time when I am 4 hours away from internet connection on a short vacation. So my resignation for governor is simply decling the nomination and running for president after the fact that there was no president elected. This is my first demogame and working with the legal stuff that was made before I joined. So...please consider me a good canditate even if we doing domination or culture or conquest or none at all victory.

Top Bottom