Special Offer: Take one city, get one FREE! Plus the mysterious worker on water...

Jamesds

Great Scientist
This is a truly entertaining bug, but it also needs to be fixed soon, since as you can see it's rather game changing, although it could be worse.

It all happens when I take the Ottoman city Konya. I get the usual message describing my pillaging success and asking me whether I want to keep the city. Immediately after I answer, I'm presented with another dialog telling me I've been successful in capturing Istanbul (capitak) too, asking whether I want to keep/raze it :eek:. I keep it, and look at it. Mehmed's units are still inside, but I have a worker there (he does too, it's as if I captured it). I still have to attack the city to get in, but his units are heavily disadvantaged because there's no need to bombard the city defences - they're reset to 0% when the city is captured and rioting.

Spoiler Ottoman units in my city, and we're at war :

To experiment, tried capturing Istanbul the same turn, before I put the final tank into Konya. The capital changed to Konya, and as I captured it, I was once again given a "free" city - Ankara - a few squares west from Istanbul. This time, however, I had a worker which was standing in the sea :eek:. It was captured the next turn by a caravel :lol:. When I got the screenshot, I left the Ottoman rifles in my "free" city to see what would happen; they walked outside the city, leaving a worker (somehow mine, I think) there.

Spoiler Worker on the sea :

Spoiler Caravel captures Worker :

I've got the saves here, so you can have fun experimenting as much as you want :). Anyone know what's happened here?

Just before the bug
Worker on the water

this bug must by now have broken the 1000th report barrier :p
it is a known bug caused by a weird problem with displacing workers on ships inside of cities that are being captured. Install Bhuic's patch and all is fine.
The water walking worker probably got displaced by the same mechanism - just that it was in the last city of that civ most likely. That one is new though, I doubt it will survive Bhruic's patch though :mischief:

this bug must by now have broken the 1000th report barrier :p
it is a known bug caused by a weird problem with displacing workers on ships inside of cities that are being captured. Install Bhuic's patch and all is fine.
The water walking worker probably got displaced by the same mechanism - just that it was in the last city of that civ most likely. That one is new though, I doubt it will survive Bhruic's patch though :mischief:

Thanks for that, Bhruic's patch fixes both - perfect! :)

Just wondering how you can get the "great engineer memphis thing?

Top Bottom