Special resources are weird

Dandenoth

Sea Sponge
So I was playing a game and decided to cheat and see what the map looks like. I was scrolling around it when I discovered this:

Wow. I think I found the sacred fishing grounds... :)

Just found some more, what a crazy map.

That IS weird. Normally the only distortion occurs at the east/west wrapping tile, but that one's a complete mess with no discernible patterns. I don't know the cause, but maybe you should get the final version of the game. Strong city sites though.

Tristan_C be not dismayed.
In my humble opinion the images in post 1 and 2 of this thread exists because of CIVMAP21. See CIVMAP21 revisited
One would have to see the corresponding MAP & SVE file to hold a different opinion.

EDIT: A slight revisions as the special resources are controlled by a formula that resides in the CIV.EXE. The MAP & SVE files would not give an indication of the location of the “the sacred fishing grounds”

Tristan_C be not dismayed.
In my humble opinion this images in post 1 and 2 of this thread exists because of CIVMAP21. See CIVMAP21 revisited
One would have to see the corresponding MAP & SVE file to hold a different opinion.

EDIT: A slight revisions as the special resources are controlled by a formula that resides in the CIV.EXE. The MAP & SVE files would not give an indication of the location of the “the sacred fishing grounds”

That seems to be the case. I played several different games, many displayed strange patterns of special resources, but only when using CivMap. Running an unpatched and non-CivMap version doesn't cause this. But it IS lots of fun when you can find a spot like this where the special resources are usable.

Top Bottom