Specialization, world wonders, etc...

Ultimate_Waffle

The soul devourer.
Back when I played the original game, I would specialize my cities. For every six cities, I would have three building commerce, two building production/units and one for science. In Caveman2Cosmos, it seems like you can't specialize like that. Food and production are both important in cities, and both of those seem to be mixed in with all sorts of other things like culture, science, and gold. My cities are often mixed and only slightly more specialized than the others. My question is; is there a certain different way I should be specializing or are cities pretty much "doomed" to be jack of all trades?

I have my options set so that cities can only build a limited amount of wonders. I don't remember what the limit is; but I was wondering if wonders stop counting towards that limit when they become obsolete?

Another question about cultures. Is there much point in getting as many as you can? I realize they unlock special units and buildings; but does it make much difference if I don't hoard cultures?

Can't help with the first 2 but as far as cultures I usually let the ones I don't want go. Besides the units/buildings building them adds a little bit of culture to the city and prevents other civs from building it. But I don't usually find it to be worth it unless I want the units.

As per vanilla BtS obsolete wonders count towards the limit but as the cultural level of the city increases so does that limit.

Top Bottom