Resource icon

Specialized Industry (Version 3.0)

I am wondering if the Glassworks is working as intended. As it is now, I build 5, my friend builds 5, the enemy AI builds 6 and all coastal tiles for those sixteen cities are +16 production/culture. We find it a bit overpowering as it is, especially late game on water maps. Tested with only this mod active.

Also in our fully modded games we've noticed the deep sea mining building crashes the game on the turn it finishes building. We suspect a conflict with TCS Improved Water Yields, but have yet to investigate.

I am wondering if the Glassworks is working as intended. As it is now, I build 5, my friend builds 5, the enemy AI builds 6 and all coastal tiles for those sixteen cities are +16 production/culture. We find it a bit overpowering as it is, especially late game on water maps. Tested with only this mod active.

Also in our fully modded games we've noticed the deep sea mining building crashes the game on the turn it finishes building. We suspect a conflict with TCS Improved Water Yields, but have yet to investigate.

*Raises hand* I'm getting the crash on completion for deep sea mining as well. I've made a copy of the logs if you need. I'll also second the power of glassworks, it was a pleasant surprise but probably a bit OP.

I've found what is likely the crash for deep sea. I actually did this on SI-2 not this one, but I suspect it's the same.

<Row>
<RequirementId>REQUIRES_PLOT_HAS_OCEAN</RequirementId>
<Name>TerrainType</Name>
<Value>TERRAIN_OCEAN</Value>
</Row>

is missing from the data file near line 2325, after

<Row>
<RequirementId>REQUIRES_CITY_HAS_SEA_MINING</RequirementId>
<Name>BuildingType</Name>
<Value>BUILDING_SEA_MINING_FACTORY</Value>
</Row>

.....figured this one out by dissecting the behavior of glassworks.

Hi~ my dear guy ! I want to say your mods are perfect and I LOVE THEM very much ,Thanks for your working ~ But I have a little problem with them because when I updated the new DLCs about Persia and Macedonia , I found your mods are useless . So is it just uncompatibled with my other mods or out time? I really want to play with them forever ,could you give me an answers please?:king:

I am in the process of updating my mods. Thanks for your enthusiasm. I have been rethinking things and experimenting. I didn't realize specialized industry in particular was having a problem. I didn't have any plans on updating this mod. I replaced it with my Realistic Resource Yields mod because I feel that local industry should happen naturally. This doesn't mean I won't change my mind.

My current project is more buildings. I'm doubling the amount of buildings in each district. I also created an infrastructure mod that adds housing and amenities. My plan is to release all mods and updates at the same time. Just making sure everything works well together.

Top Bottom