Spectacularly lazy question

Cyrusfan

King
Is there a way to reverse the functionality of left clicking and shift-left clicking on items in the build list in the city screen?

This is prompted by ongoing hotseat games I've been playing and a desire to minimize the amount of space we need to scoot our chairs out of each other's way between turns. But it seems to me that even in single player, I use the build queue all the time and pretty much never want to just switch out the first item. There's always ctrl-clicking for interrupting it when needed.

A bug option COULD be made for that and programming COULD be put in place in the dll to make the switch work BUT I'm not going to promise I'll do anything with it right now because, well... there are some more pressing issues.

Is there a way to reverse the functionality of left clicking and shift-left clicking on items in the build list in the city screen?

This is prompted by ongoing hotseat games I've been playing and a desire to minimize the amount of space we need to scoot our chairs out of each other's way between turns. But it seems to me that even in single player, I use the build queue all the time and pretty much never want to just switch out the first item. There's always ctrl-clicking for interrupting it when needed.
Sounds like a useful option and easy enough to add. I'll do it.

EDIT: Done.

Another lazy question, in fact so much so that I'm not starting another thread. I get that there is some recalculating done when you select something from the build area. It also returns your view of it to the top row if you selected a unit or the first row of buildings if you selected a building.

Would it be possible for a unit selection to *not* return the list to the top? It's kind of a bummer if I want to build ten of something two or three scrolls down. Units with national limits might complicate this, but if the recalc and reset are separate phenomena, maybe it can be changed?

Why this isn't just a matter of loading a build queue-I'm finding in the late ancient to early classical era I want to toss out units from my up to date cities rather than research (sometimes), so I add enough macemen to get me through my current research target.

Would it be possible for a unit selection to *not* return the list to the top?

The last time I looked at this, back in the RoM:AND days, the conclusion was that this "feature" was coded in the engine and not changable, just like the three buttons for units/buildings and wonders.

The last time I looked at this, back in the RoM:AND days, the conclusion was that this "feature" was coded in the engine and not changeable, just like the three buttons for units/buildings and wonders.

From what i am seeing its ONLY a reference to what you can and cannot build in this screen, not that it changes anything in the map screen itself, of course i could be wrong, but thats the way i see it working at least:confused:

From what i am seeing its ONLY a reference to what you can and cannot build in this screen, not that it changes anything in the map screen itself, of course i could be wrong, but thats the way i see it working at least:confused:

If you have 5 rows of units and you want to select multiple ones from row 5 to add to your build list you have to scroll down the the 5th line each time because the engine automatically scrolls back to the first row of units every time. Same goes for buildings.

Yup, that's why I tend to turn units OFF fully, when not in a war and/or nothing special can be built there.
And I really love building queues. :D

Yup, that's why I tend to turn units OFF fully, when not in a war and/or nothing special can be built there.
And I really love building queues. :D

You know, thats not a bad idea, thx for bringing that up to my attention:)

strat
I can't TURN them OFF - I just choose AIR-units-only, so for a LOOONG time this gets equal to OFF.
In some cases I choose CIVILIAN-only, so I can track special units' appearance.
ONE line is no big problem.
Anyways, the above built-in feature is pretty annoying AND useless...

Oh, and a total "off-topic" (as if there is any topic here):
THANKS TO THE ENTIRE GROUP FOR FIXING THE INITIAL-START CRASH!!!
I was so happy, when my NEW game did NOT crash!!!

Top Bottom