Speculate on Inca and Spanish UU/UB/UA

Wait, how do we know the Inca and Spanish are next?

-- and, who will be their leaders? I hope not Izzy again.

The steam achievements for them are already up as well as like 20 others

Also, hoped for Incan workers to be able to build a unique 'Incan road', which allows regular units to move on mountain tiles as well.

That gets me thinking...

Incans having UA of being able to build roads or even just simply move through mountains would be pretty cool, in my book.

No idea what they're actually going to do, though.

BTW, is there a handy list anywhere for what new civs are now known to be added in the not-too-distant future?

The US did a much more thorough job of wiping out its native populations, but that isn’t reflected in the game…

Yeah i agree, but consider also that no civilization in history hasn't made crimes.

Romans, Britain, Japan, Germany, Russia, America, Egypt, Netherlands, USA, Ottomans all have their "crimes against humanity".

I don't think that making Spain look like some sort of genocidal fanatic civilization is really accurate and fair.

Well, its not that other empires didn't have crimes, but that the Spanish were particularly ruthless right after the reconquista and then the conquest of the Americas.

Anyways, other "Imperialistic" civs, like the Mongols and Aztecs, have their "dark side" represented in the game, why not the Spanish?

+1 food on hills sounds useless given maritime states...I hope that's not their unique ability...

Naval Units will get a bonus to production or possibly an upgraded harbor of some type, kind of like the Russians getting that Krepost. They will probably also get an unique sea unit.

conquistador could replace cavalry

replacing a lancer is better because the cavalry in the game seem to be like 1800s cavalry

Hmmmm....

Spain:
UU: Conquistador (Replaces Musketman): 3 Moves, +1 Sight, heals faster in non-friendly territory
UB: Bullifighting Arena (needs new name duh) (replaces circus): Doesn't require horses, +2 culture
UA: Quest for the New World: Triremes can enter ocean tiles

Wouldn't be too overpowered, but would still be overpowered enough to qualify as a CiV dlc

I got no clue about the Inca

Inca:
I like the hills farming +1 Food idea as a UA (call it Glory of the Sun perhaps). Quechtza would be better as higher strength scout and the UB shoul dbe some kind of +1 happiness temple.

Spain
The naval unit should be replacement for caravel rather than frigate/Sol as spain's naval golden age was earlier than the line ships like frigate (which incidentally was the ship that put the nail in the galleon coffin). The UA should be Family Dynasty - improved relations with CS say reduced decline in influence or more influence per gold (to mimic Habsburg marriage diplomacy). Unique building the Cathedral (grants happiness rather than culture) but at very high upkeep cost (church tithe)

Rat

Hill farms +1 could also be a UB (terrace, replaces granary). Maybe have the UA like the Iroquois one, so hills count as roads?

Spain definitely needs conquistadors. Randomly searching keywords on wikipedia also mentioned Tercios, which could be a pike replacement.

Incans
UU: Quechua (Warrior/Spearman/unit) - Bonus when fighting in "rough" terrain, big bonus when fighting from a Mountain tile (see below).
UB: Terrace (Granary) - +2 food from farming hill hexes
UA: Tambo - All Incan units can pass through mountains

Spain
UU: Conquistador (Lancer) - Bonus when attacking cities
UU: Citadel (Castle) - No requirement for walls to be built, cheaper to build
UA: Quest for El Dorado - Should Spain immediately declare war on any civ and/or city-state at first contact, Spain will receive some free units that will spawn at their opponents borders.

UA: Quest for El Dorado - Should Spain immediately declare war on any civ and/or city-state at first contact, Spain will receive some free units that will spawn at their opponents borders.

That's overpowered, especially if a civ meets you. You instantly know where they are.

What if the Incan range unit starts with Indirect Fire?

The Inca will get a gold-related/mountain/road bonus, imo, and will almost certainly have the Andene UB (more accurate, flavored name than "Terrace" anyway--if they use "Terrace" I'll wage war on Pacachuti for not correcting Firaxis' sloppy work while working as their voice actor).

Maybe buildings will cost less maintenance, and road maintenance will be reduced from the beginning, though that'd make them kinda like the Iroquois, only more useful, as forests don't regrow in Civ 5 (ANOTHER thing missing that was in Civ 4).

Spain? Something conquest/gold-related too. Maybe more gold per unit killed? Gold with ruins? Bonus gold for each ship produced?

Both AI will play as psychopathic, schizophrenic mass-murdering warriors, just like Gandhi in Civ 5. And Napoleon. And Oda. And Askia.

I was actually thinking about creating mods for Incan and Spanish civs before the news came out.

Spain:
UU - Conquistador - Replaces Musketman, combat bonus against more primitive units
UB - Encomienda - Replces Courthouse, Reduced hammer and maintenance cost.
UA - By the Sword and the Cross - +1 happiness and +2 culture for every puppet and occupied city within the empire.

Inca:
UU - ?
UB - Terrace - Replaces granary, must be built within 3 tiles of a mountain, +10% food
UA - Inca Trails - Units can cross mountains, and treat hills as plains

Note exactly completely balanced, and I doubt they're going with anything like this, but there you go.

They better be free for me as part of the 2 free Civ package I paid for through Direct 2 Drive.

Yep, think it's been confirmed somewhere that the 2 pack is what the D2D users get free. Think D2D said this'd come out in December, IIRC.

BTW, is there a handy list anywhere for what new civs are now known to be added in the not-too-distant future?

Nope, right now it's just these 2 AFAIK.

Well, its not that other empires didn't have crimes, but that the Spanish were particularly ruthless right after the reconquista and then the conquest of the Americas.

For what I know, that is quite false. Just take a look at the indigenous population in America today.. In latin america most of them are still natives or descendant from those natives. You don't see many white peple who are locals. Now compare that with the north american counterpart, see how many natives are still alive nowadays..

The spaniards tried to 'educate' the natives in the europan social and religious ways (for better or worse). Sure there were wars, but it cannot be compared against the massacres from north america.

As for the reconquista.. well, first off it was a religious struggle. The war in spanish soil was much less cruent than the crusades. And after the war rather than just killing all muslims (and jews shortly after), they were just expelled. Not saying that was fair either, but I'm sure you can think off the top of your head several other instances when the defeated were simply executed..

Top Bottom