1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Speculation concerning the DLC

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Sonmi, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

Just thought I'd make a thread to discuss speculation for the upcoming DLC content that was included in the Deluxe version of the game. What do you guys think it'll be? When will it be announced?

Personally, I'm expecting them to either start with Poland or Persia, hoping they announce it in the upcoming month.

2. Bechhold

Bechhold King

Poland, and new Maps one most likely being an Earth map.

3. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

I'm guessing an exploration themed dlc that includes Isabella, a Terra style map, and maybe a scenario.

Also a Poland civ, maybe a Persian civ.

It would be cool if civ dlc also included some Great People from that civ to enhance the variety of the pool.

atomfenrir likes this.
  4. Nathair

Nathair Chieftain

Celts? Khmer? Wait, are we looking for "I hope" or "I predict"?

5. Sonmi

Sonmi Chieftain

Predict.

Hope will remain a source of bias in any case, but I'm looking for realistic predictions of when the DLC will drop, and what it'll include.

EDIT: I want Celts (Gauls) as well, to be entirely fair.

6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm still expecting Poland and a map pack late next month some time.

7. Ikael

Ikael King

I expect a combo of Poland civ + Isabella alternate leader for Spain and probably an Earth map too. As for which things I hope, a general balance early patch a la Paradox would be ace. And Persia, too!

8. mitsho

mitsho Deity

1) I expect Poland (and maybe Isabella) coupled to a European Middle Ages scenario which is basically a pre-set advanced start for the game. (Felipe may fill another niche on the map which would be adapted to the civs we have).
    2) Gorgo and Pericles just scream for a Persia civ included in a scenario centered on that conflict.
    3) I expect a map pack that provides Terra & many more humorous options. I will probably pass on that....
    4) I have no idea on the 4th DLC though. Maybe they put Isabella here in a Age of discovery scenario?

9. Ozisl

Ozisl Warlord

I would like to see the sentence, "Apologies, we shipped the product with an early alpha build of the AI. We are releasing a DLC with the proper AI in 5 minutes."

EDIT

Also, I would assume they would top off the late game tech tree, maybe some stuff with governments.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    killmeplease and Zuizgond like this.
  10. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

If they wanna sell an earth/terra map after this beta release I will explode for sure:trouble::trouble::trouble:

11. Dray

Dray Clairvoyant

Don't forget about Genoa!

12. Txomin

Txomin Chieftain

I expect Poland first bundled with a map or mod, at least based on how civ5 handled dlc. How civ6 plans dlc remains to be seen.
    I'd like to see Genoa as well if that ends up becoming a full civ.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I would expect to see civilization packs what's the same way that the DLC was done in civilization 5. Poland and Spain would be nice but I would also like to see more civilizations from Asia the Middle East.

Txomin likes this.
  14. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

From reading the leader descriptions on the set up screen, I think England will get an alternative leader without Redcoats and the USA and alternative leader without Rough Riders.

Other alt leaders I think Spain is an obvious one from everything that's been discussed. I think Germany will get one too.

Extra civ's wise yeah i'd expect Poland and Persia too. And then maybe an extra African civ, extra Asian civ, extra South American civ and a Native American one. I think they will try to be diverse.

15. thesacrifist

thesacrifist Chieftain

Hoping for Poland, Inca, Apache and Korea with 3-4 alternate leaders for existing civs as DLC

16. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

I'm still predicting a colonization themed DLC: Terra map + Inca Civilization + Isabella (Spain 2nd leader) + Scenario.

17. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Yes that makes sense. And also a Greek-Persia wars Scenario adding Persia as a civ.

18. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

If their "Celts" uses the same city naming style as last time I'd prefer they didn't to be blunt.

VermelhoRed likes this.
  19. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Warlord

Personally I would like to see Poland and Persia enter the game very soon.

I'd also be happy with a couple of additonal leaders (personally I would love to see Isabella for Spain, Friedrich the Great for Germany, Henry II for England,...).

What I expect even more, however, are more maps.

20. MistyRonin

MistyRonin Warlord

Uhm, I predict a colonization pack with Isabella I of Castile as extra leader, and a terra map, with maybe some extra American civ and/or Portugal.

A 30 years war pack with a European map and Poland, maybe also Ottomans or Sweden.

And as many commented, a Greek-Persian wars scenario adding Persia sounds reasonable too.

Last but not least, a wild guess, a mediterranean themed pack with Genoa and a Mediterranean map?