[Speculation] Indonesia/Majapahit/Srivijaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but in the 1304701385701385 post thread about new civs, I posted a list of Silk Road civs I considered possible.

Out of all those possibilities, the ones I consider most likely would be the Timurids, followed by the long-shots in the form of the Khazars and Kushans (who have been mentioned by fans several times in other places). Other long-shot possibilities I considered were the Seljuks, Gokturks, Khitan, Uighurs... that's all I remember. Others I've considered since then would be the Sogdians, Parthians, some sort of Afghanistan civ (but focusing on an earlier history of Afghanistan, like the Durrani or Ghaznavids or something) But of those I'd say the Timurids have the best chance, if only because of Tamerlane.

I would generally prefer a Civ that has survived through out the ages so I would think Afghanistan would be most suitable.

Well, should we remove Egypt just for your sake then ?

Considerring I can look at a map and quite clearly see Egypt, no not really.
And I apologise if my preferences insult you, as there was no need for that attitude.

Indonesia \ Majapahit
the maritime countries in the world , have thousand island , with a good militaristic
that i know indonesia have a special military infantry called kopasus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopassus
Spoiler :

and also indonesia have a historical units , a ship called phinisi
Spoiler :

that had explore until canada

indonesia is the largest muslim religions , secondly is christian , third is hindu , and fourth is budhism

the largest population no.4 after china , india , usa

Leader
President Soekarno

Very Diplomatical , and anti-western civilization , fidel castro are very friendly to this president

or

Hayam Wuruk
Spoiler :

this leader have bring majapahit kingdom into a golden age , and more expand their teritories into celebes (sulawesi)

so here is majapahit empire

im sorry , indonesia is very different cultural with a asian civilization
as you can see in this picture

in the medieval times , yeah its more like in this pic

and this is a medieval majapahit kingdom armies
Spoiler :

and this is when muslim came to majapahit kingdoms

architecture
Spoiler :

source : Googles

hah! its easy :D

President Soekarno

Very Diplomatical , and anti-western civilization , fidel castro are very friendly to this president

If they were to choose Sukarno, he would be the only realistic modern leader. Talk about some serious nation building.

Still prefer one of the empire leaders though

Hello, Indonesian over here :)
You all might want to check and google about relation between Majapahit & Gunpowder.
I once seen somewhere that someone equate MAJAPAHIT BHAYANGKARA = FRENCH MUSKEETER

However, my history teacher once told that Bhayangkara is actually a collective term for all elite army of Majapahit, which include the Keris-swordman, Musketeer, Spearman, Horsemen, etc..

If Firaxis add Indonesian civ in Islamic era, you all might want to check about TERNATE SULTANATE with the leader SULTAN BA'ABULAH.. He controls the Spice Islands of Mollucas, Celebes, Nusa Tenggara, Papua and some says up to Palau/Solomon Islands~

Ugh.., Indonesian position is in danger..
There are only 2 slots between Brazil and Poland.. And we have 2 other strong candidates besides Indonesia (Italia and Morroco).. :(

Assyria
Brazil
unknown
unknown
Poland
Portugal
unknown
unknown
Zulu

Hello, Indonesian over here :)
You all might want to check and google about relation between Majapahit & Gunpowder.
I once seen somewhere that someone equate MAJAPAHIT BHAYANGKARA = FRENCH MUSKEETER

However, my history teacher once told that Bhayangkara is actually a collective term for all elite army of Majapahit, which include the Keris-swordman, Musketeer, Spearman, Horsemen, etc..

If Firaxis add Indonesian civ in Islamic era, you all might want to check about TERNATE SULTANATE with the leader SULTAN BA'ABULAH.. He controls the Spice Islands of Mollucas, Celebes, Nusa Tenggara, Papua and some says up to Palau/Solomon Islands~

Hello BenZL43~ Welcome to this thread.. :D

About gunpowder, I think it's reasonable..
Based on documentary and archeological evidence , Majapahit already uses the gunpowder in their armament.. The native called it "bdil/bedil" right??
Spoiler Pics :

Love the motive in the second pic.. :goodjob:

If Bhayangkara is included in the game, IMO they will be ended up as longswordsman unit with long kris as their weapon..
Timeline wise, Majapahit was living in the same era as Sukhotai-Siam (Medieval era).. That's made the gunpowder tech yet researched..

Btw, I found a list about units in the Majapahit army (from Nusantara Total War MOD)...
Dunno about the validity of sources.., but they have cool names.. :cool:
factional (non-gunpowder) infantry:
Javanese-Sundanese Peasants (sickles) = Tani
Javanese Militia (tombak) = Kroco
Javanese Watchmen (archer-golok) = Jogo Karyo
Java-Sunda Feudal Spearmen (javelin-overhead tombak) = Prajurit Tumbak
Javanese Feudal Swordsmen (parang) = Prajurit Pamedhang
Java-Sunda Feudal Archers (archer-golok) = Prajurit Panah
Bintara Pikemen (pike-keris) = Tentoro Tumbak Dowo
Majapahit Axemen (2handed kapak) = Prajurit Kampak Blambangan
Melayu-Palemb-Bintr Arab Swordsmen (scimitars) = Laskar Arab
Javanese "Saka" Heavy Spearmen (overhead tombakkeris) = Pagerwesi
Majapahit Armoured Macemen (gada) = Prajurit Godhowesi
Javanese Knights / Pendekar (2handed keris swords) = Pandhekar
Bintara Sultan's Chinese Guards (crossbow-scimitar) = Punggawa Cino
Javanese Noble Knights / Satria (keris panjang) = Satrio
Majapahit Royal Shadowguards (overhead tombakkeris) = Bhayangkara

Factional Cavalry:
Javanese Raider-Scouts (cavarchers-cavshortswords) = Telik Sandi
Javanese Feudal Cavalry (cavarchers-cavlswords) = Prajurit Tumpak Jaran
Javanese Noble Cataphract (cavarchers-cavlswords) = Turanggawesi
Javanese Cataphract Lancers (lancers-cavlswords) = Satriyo Turanggawesi
Javanese Elite Cataphracts (cavarchers-lancers) = Satriyo Priyayi
Javanese Chariots (chariot-archers) = Kreto Tempur
Native Forest Worker Elephants (elephant-javelin) = Prajurit Gajah
Javanese Armoured War Elephantss (elephant-javelin) = Gajah Wesi

Gunpowder Units:
Generic Gun Skirmishers (gun-gunclub)
Javanese Gunners (gun-keris)
Bintara-Palembang Royal Chinese Gunners (gun-dao)
Majapahit-Sriwijaya-Sunda Noble Handgunners (gun-parang)

Bodyguards:

Javanese Cataphract Bodyguards (cavarchers-kerislancers) = Punggawa Turanggawesi

Is he Sultan Babullah??
Spoiler Pic :

He looks great, and he has a nice beard too.. [pimp]
Hmm.., what unit is suitable for their UU..? Tidore warrior..?? :lol:

really , civilization 5 must add this civ because its very different with mid east culture and asian culture

Welp:

It's looking like the Majapahit/Indonesia is in.

Any suggested color schemes? Personally, I'm hoping for Dark green/Siamese yellow because of a dream I had a few weeks ago. I wrote about it on page five of this discussion, I guess. Let's wait and see!

Any suggested color schemes? Personally, I'm hoping for Dark green/Siamese yellow because of a dream I had a few weeks ago. I wrote about it on page five of this discussion, I guess. Let's wait and see!

We could probably expect an eight-pointed sun as the symbol. Red as the main color for both Indonesia AND Majapahit, and some sort of light gold/tan for the alternate color representing their utilization of terracotta and gold..

New resource:

There is a better chance the new resource falls under the Venice civ (if there is one) or the Native American civ (if there is one)

Having said that, I wouldn't rule out three resources as very realistic possibilities:
-Rice
-Batik
-Coffee

I'm not ready to celebrate yet, but if Indonesia is indeed confirmed I just wanna shout out everyone here that made a lot of noise for their inclusion in the years leading up to BNW.

The leader will probably be Mada. They look just alike:

Mada:
Spoiler :

Leader Image:
Spoiler :

Congratulations Indonesia supporters, it seems your dreams have come true. :clap:
Hope the civ will be fun to play.

Coffee is a plausible special resource. Indonesia is a big exporter, and a rising consumer. Cffee can also be represented easily on the map, unlike Batik, which would also be nice, but a little too specific, and the devs would need to pull a few strings with city buildings to include it...

It seems Gajah Mada is our BNW new leader..
Nice choice IMO.., since he is the most famous person in Indonesian history..
(Actually, I want Tribhuwana tho.., for the eye candy..) :D

Because the inclusion of Gajah Mada.., I can deduce a few things :
- The civ's name is either Indonesia, Java, or Majapahit (Srivijaya is not allowed.. :p)
- He is spoken in either -old- Javanese language or Javascript.. :lol: (Indonesian language is a no no..)
- His UA is "Palapa Oath" with militaristic ability or associated with city-state..
- His UU is Bhayangkara.., Majapahit's royal guard which led by Gajah Mada himself..

It seems Gajah Mada is our BNW new leader..
Nice choice IMO.., since he is the most famous person in Indonesian history..
(Actually, I want Tribhuwana tho.., for the eye candy..) :D

Because the inclusion of Gajah Mada.., I can deduce a few things :
- The civ's name is either Indonesia, Java, or Majapahit (Srivijaya is not allowed.. :p)
- He is spoken in either -old- Javanese language or Javascript.. :lol: (Indonesian language is a no no..)
- His UA is "Palapa Oath" with militaristic ability or associated with city-state..
- His UU is Bhayangkara.., Majapahit's royal guard which led by Gajah Mada himself..

Tribhuwana is the rare leader who is both sexy (or so modern depictions claim) and worthy of her high praise

And Javanese language would make sense, but how easy would it be for them to find a speaker? Indonesian speakers are much easier to find in the States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom