[Speculation] Indonesia/Majapahit/Srivijaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tribhuwana is the rare leader who is both sexy (or so modern depictions claim) and worthy of her high praise

And Javanese language would make sense, but how easy would it be for them to find a speaker? Indonesian speakers are much easier to find in the States

Maybe they can find Javanese speakers in Suriname.. It's closer than Indonesia.. :D
Or just go to the American university that has gamelan.., I think they have someone who able to speak Javanese language..

It seems Gajah Mada is our BNW new leader..

I don't think it'll be Gajah Mada. Every sculpture I have seen has emphasized his weight. His nickname was the "Elephant General." The argument against Raden Wijaya is that he's not wearing his crown in that picture. I don't know enough about Majapahit to say who would be the better choice. I just know that Gajah was a bit on the chunky side and the argument against Raden is fairly weak.

I don't think it'll be Gajah Mada. Every sculpture I have seen has emphasized his weight. His nickname was the "Elephant General." The argument against Raden Wijaya is that he's not wearing his crown in that picture. I don't know enough about Majapahit to say who would be the better choice. I just know that Gajah was a bit on the chunky side and the argument against Raden is fairly weak.

I know him exactly..
Because a month ago he started to shape his body in our gym for the sake of this day.. :p

Well.., the first time I saw the new hint, my brain recognizes it immediately as Gajah Mada..
Raden Vijaya is a bit more slender and smaller in my mental image.. :D
But anything is possible..

A little bit of info.., actually there is no artifact or sculpture of Gajah Mada from his era..
All of flabby image is come from Muhamad Yamin, Indonesian historian.. He saw a random head sculpture and declare it was Mada's face.. He is also the one who creates that fatty image of Mada.. >__>
Spoiler :

However, In recent fashion.., modern Indonesian sculptor tends to create Mada's image more muscular and manly..
And I like it better.. :lol:
Spoiler :

Yeah, but he still has a fat face in that picture, but that leader picture looks to have thin cheeks.

I haven't seen any mention of Hayam Wuruk, which is strange. I don't, however, believe that this is him, as most depictions of him include a crown.

That's why I said anything is possible.. :p

My greatest wish for this civ is.., please make all units can embark and move over coast immediately..
Without that.., this civ is unplayable in any true starting point map.. :sad:

I know him exactly..
Because a month ago he started to shape his body in our gym for the sake of this day.. :p

Well.., the first time I saw the new hint, my brain recognizes it immediately as Gajah Mada..
Raden Vijaya is a bit more slender and smaller in my mental image.. :D
But anything is possible..

A little bit of info.., actually there is no artifact or sculpture of Gajah Mada from his era..
All of flabby image is come from Muhamad Yamin, Indonesian historian.. He saw a random head sculpture and declare it was Mada's face.. He is also the one who creates that fatty image of Mada.. >__>
Spoiler :

However, In recent fashion.., modern Indonesian sculptor tends to create Mada's image more muscular and manly..
And I like it better.. :lol:
Spoiler :

Why not both? Stocky, muscular men are the manliest of all. :king::lol:

Hello BenZL43~ Welcome to this thread.. :D

Thank you :)

About gunpowder, I think it's reasonable..
Based on documentary and archeological evidence , Majapahit already uses the gunpowder in their armament.. The native called it "bdil/bedil" right??
Spoiler Pics :

Love the motive in the second pic.. :goodjob:

Wow.. I think you know about that bedil better than me.. I'm not a Javanese myself, I'll ask my friend what does bedil means in Javanese haha..

Leader Image:
Spoiler :

WOW! :king:
If this image is coming from original sources, I can definitely confirm that Indonesian civ is in :')
-The candi (temple) in the background is definitely Javanese.
Spoiler :

- The clothes he wear is distinctively from Old Indonesian style

It can only be Singhasari & the Javanese Kingdom, which Kertanegara might be the leader... or MAJAPAHIT :)

On the leader, I think we can't rule out the possibility of Hayam Wuruk yet.. since Gajah Mada is technically only a patih (maybe duke in English).

Nah, the question is just the authenticity of that image :)
If it's really original, I think we can post in the stickied BNW Information Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom