Speculation: New patch and/or DLC on the 21st of november

anandus

Errorist
As you all have noticed there was a micro-'patch' today, containing a Civworld ad.
It runs from today until the 21st of november.

The last time we had a Civworld ad was in july-august. It ran from the 12th of july until the 11th of august.
The Korea and WOTAW DLC and the 383-patch came out on the 11th of august.

This makes me speculate that on the 21st of november (when this Civworld ad finishes) we can expect a DLC and/or patch.

Logical explanation:

The ad runs for exactly one month.

Emotional explanation:

PATCH!! PATCH!! DLC!! DLC!! DLC!! PATCH!! :rotfl:

Logical explanation:

The ad runs for exactly one month.

Emotional explanation:

PATCH!! PATCH!! DLC!! DLC!! DLC!! PATCH!! :rotfl:
:p

About the logical explanation: They might've propped up the ad exactly a month before the patch ;)
(as they did the last time, when the ad ran exactly one month before the DLC/patch, from 12/7 to 12/8)

:p

About the logical explanation: They might've propped up the ad exactly a month before the patch ;)
(as they did the last time, when the ad ran exactly one month before the DLC/patch, from 12/7 to 12/8)

In America we usually put the month first then the date.
So July 12 is: 7/12

Thats great news!
But have we heard from Trinneas (the German guy)?

It would be odd for them to be able to predict a patch release date a month out, given their reluctance/failure to give long-range ETAs in the past.

And a lot of the rest of us use a more logical date system. :crazyeye:

neither your point nor this one had anything to do with the topic.

I agree with Camikaze though. The likelihood of them knowing the exact date of a future patch is rather slim, given their attempts to hit a date with all of the prior patches.

This very well could just be what it is: an ad for a facebook game that few people actually like.

And a lot of the rest of us use a more logical date system. :crazyeye:

neither your point nor this one had anything to do with the topic.

Silly Americans. Not to mention 1 stone being 14 pounds, what's up with that? Or 12 inch being 1 feet and 3 feet being 1 yard?

Seems like complexity for the sake of complexity to me.

Silly Americans. Not to mention 1 stone being 14 pounds, what's up with that? Or 12 inch being 1 feet and 3 feet being 1 yard?

Seems like complexity for the sake of complexity to me.

Silly English-speaking countries. Use the metric system like the rest of us. :)

Super simple: 1 km = 1000 m = 100000 cm = 1000000 mm
1 kg = 10 hg = 1000 g = 1000000 mg

It would be odd for them to be able to predict a patch release date a month out, given their reluctance/failure to give long-range ETAs in the past.
That is true.
And maybe it was just a coincidence, but the matter of fact is that the last Civworld ad was issued exactly a month before the DLC/Patch.
So either it was just a coincidence then, or they knew, or they delayed the DLC.

But mind you, I didn't put 'speculation' in the title for nothing. A big chance it's just wishful thinking from my part and it doesn't mean anything at all.

Good for you :p The rest of the world uses a normal dating system ;) (nofi, just teasing :) )

Since the last AD ran for one month before the DLC/Patch, than I believe there's some basis for hope. I, for one, am curious to see what we might get.

Offtopic post:
To be fair, the American dating system is closer to being normal (yyyy/mm/dd would be my definition of normal, since it's the only date format that can be easily ordered in ascending or descending order as a continuous number).
I agree with you there. Maybe it's that, here in Europe we use dd/mm/yyyy. So it's logical depending on the notation.
(But what's simply not logical is when sometimes it's written by Amiercans as mm/dd/yyyy, though :) )

Exactly. Patches never come out on a schedule. They come out when they are completed and tested.

Silly English-speaking countries. Use the metric system like the rest of us. :)

Super simple: 1 km = 1000 m = 100000 cm = 1000000 mm
1 kg = 10 hg = 1000 g = 1000000 mg

most English countries do now, so try not to ruin a good thing with misinformation and random personal issues. Only the US (and a few minor countries) hold out against the metric system. Though, even they use it for scientific purposes.

This makes me speculate that on the 21st of november (when this Civworld ad finishes) we can expect a DLC and/or patch.

Imo it's true the opposite: there will be no patch/DLC before 21th nov for sure. If there will be after is a vague hope.... :)

Thats great news!
But have we heard from Trinneas (the German guy)?

trineas said:
Vielleicht gibt es aber zur Zeit auch gar nichts zu sagen.
trineas said:
Also ohne jetzt irgendwelche näheren Details zu kennen: Ich bezweifle, dass Civilization 5 abgeschlossen ist. Die Spielerzahlen sind seit Monaten auf einem stabilen hohen Niveau. (An Wochenenden ein Peak von über 25.000 Spielern gleichzeitig - mal abgesehen von einigen Online-Ego-Shootern gibt es kein anderes PC-Game mit sovielen Spielern und das über ein Jahr nach dem Release!)

Und wenn es viele Spieler gibt, gibt es somit auch viele potentielle Käufer von DLC und/oder Addons. Rein wirtschaftlich gesehen wäre das also eine klare Sache, vor allem weil sich die beiden Dinge ja ergänzen. Denn neuer DLC oder Addons halten das Spiel frisch und sorgen dafür, dass das Spiel weiterhin gespielt wird.
http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=72183&page=22

Which means (when it´s true) there will be something more in future, but currently there is nothing.

I love threads when I hear about a speculated patch and DLC. Usually it happens sometime around the projected date. :D

It's about time they give us a new patch. Almost 2 months without a patch in total bullcrap. Maybe it will be a big and juicy patch that will fix a large amount of current problems(Diplomacy, MP problems). Or a modding patch. Or an overpriced DLC.

Top Bottom