Speculation: New patch and/or DLC on the 21st of november

On the other hand, Steam is having major connection issues at the moment; maybe that's the surprise instead of a patch? ;)

Update Civilization 5? :confused:
Well today at 11:30 am STEAM took me 161.2 MB of data!?
Hurrah is update the game, I think! Checking in the game and I see that in the game menu version of the game is the same as it was. Damn! :sad: So what changed?
The first difference is, no logo "World Civilization" on the EXIT button. Hah ... 161 MB of downloaded data to change the logo? Damn! :mad: :rolleyes:
I gave the screen:
http://imageshack.us/f/265/civ5aktualizacjahmm.png
Could this preparation before the release of the new PATH?

Update Civilization 5? :confused:
Well today at 11:30 am STEAM took me 161.2 MB of data!?
Hurrah is update the game, I think! Checking in the game and I see that in the game menu version of the game is the same as it was. Damn! :sad: So what changed?
The first difference is, no logo "World Civilization" on the EXIT button. Hah ... 161 MB of downloaded data to change the logo? Damn! :mad: :rolleyes:
I gave the screen:
http://imageshack.us/f/265/civ5aktualizacjahmm.png
Could this preparation before the release of the new PATH?

The 161 MB you downloaded would have been some files that failed to validate for some reason or other. The files related to the change (removal) of the advertisement are on the order of hundreds or thousands of kilobytes, not hundreds of MB.

I think Steam is just doing its thing and this is not a sign of an incoming patch. Don't get your hopes up. Not yet anyway.

And welcome to the posting side of civfanatics. [party]

I usually check the achievements list. In the past, achievements were added to Steam (only as numbers without description, like 177, 178 etc) well before the DLC's release or even announcement.
So when I will see on my account that I own 176 from let's say 206 achievements instead of 176/176 I will know in 2-3 weeks a new DLC will be released.

There will be no new dlc. We all expected it, but finally the good producers decided that they showed enough good faith, and they decided to let the game die. Bummer, isn't it?

They announced a patch and no DLC, with no release date. The game is not dead, nor have the devs gone back on their word.

There will be no new dlc. We all expected it, but finally the good producers decided that they showed enough good faith, and they decided to let the game die. Bummer, isn't it?

There will but it will be some time after the patch like last time. Some are speculating an expansion pack this summer. A DLC probably by January or Feburary. This is speculation. However last time patch came out first then DLC. Just because they have not announced does not mean they are not working on it. It just means they cannot say, so they cannot announce.

I am so hoping 2K Greg gives us some kind of update tomorrow. The suspense is killing me!

From an earlier post in this very thread, 2K Greg indicated that they were working on a big patch. I find it highly unlikely at this stage in the game that they are working on a standalone patch. I suspsect they are working an expansion with some patches/enhancements included.

The connection issues is because Assassin's Creed Revelations just came to pre-load so there is tons of people downloading it as it will be released on friday. Another thing that is slowing down the servers is that they have the sale going on.

There still has been no word from 2K Greg about CiV. He is paying all his attention to civworld, my god does that game look babyish, cartoonish. I could not believe my eyes when I saw some new screenies. I hate to say it but this is very disappointing. CiV has so so much more potential than that game, hands down man! I almost wish I did not pay attention to this game. It was not a good investment of time or money. :(

In any case get ahold of me if they come out with anything. Thanks guys.

Now that the Shogun expansion trailer is out 2k has to quash the hype and put out some media for the supposed CiV expansion right?

Right?

Now that the Shogun expansion trailer is out 2k has to quash the hype and put out some media for the supposed CiV expansion right?

Right?

They have a trailer for that I find out today, but only read an article. Those total war games are blowing CiV out of the damn water. I already have the rise of the samurai and haven't even played it yet. I have been messing around with Civ too much.

That trailer for Fall of the Samurai looks good. It is too bad 2K is falling behind the times. They need to come out with something big. Civworld just looks atrocious IMHO. CiV is their only leg to stand on.

Just the DLL code is all we ask. One expansion even if it a smallish DLC and we will buy it all of us, simply because it would give access to the DLL code we hope. What would be the point of Firaxis releasing the DLL code now if there is some hypothetical expansion DLC in the works? (I have no proof). If some hypothetical expansion DLC arrives then this is the time to release the DLL code because it will help keep up the interest in the civ series after the expansion. Once the DLL code is released, Civ5 will live on! The modders can take the core and improve it and Firaxis can still sell their little content DLC's on the side that don't interfere with the work that would be done to the core. Releasing the DLL code is the key to the future of this game because I cannot see that there can be indefinite interest with this tactical AI the way that it is now. In theory it is not necessary to release the DLL code at all, but Civ5 is built on the premise that their can be a nice mix between strategy and tactics in this game, but at the moment we have a simplified strategy model that was supposed to be compensated for by more complex tactics, but with this tactical AI the way that it is, we have only one side of the equation. That is what is killing civ5 right now. The modders should be able to help with this because with their combined efforts we are talking 10,000+ hours of free work to the AI code gifted to Firaxis.
Cheers

Top Bottom