Speech is Free - Unless it's Critical!

CurtSibling said:
Obviously to force young people into becoming the future stormtroopers of the compassionate right! (sarcasm)

As I said, all minor functionaries seek to buy favour by being tireless seekers of treason, even if there is none.
Of course....my high school was like that, though not to that extreme. On the other hand, nobody even had to mention anything about the government to get a watch put on us.

stratego said:
Bush's favorite color is shiny.
:lol: :rotfl:

I know this is a serious issue here, but this thread has been one of the funniest out there right now.

polymath said:
Plus, Sharpy gets the special 'first person to mention Hitler in this thread' swastika/oak leaf medal.

First, it was extreme sarcasm. Some little podunk town has a dopey high school principal. So? Welcome to 90% of America's public schools.

Second, I've seen "BusHitler" written even on this forum in a few occurances.

(Edit: had to format it differently, as the last two letters of Bush and first three of Hitler do not compliment one another.)

stratego said:
:mad::mad:Rmsharpe, You ultra-liberals are always so quick to compare Bush to Hitler :mad::mad:.

Next time you think about the similiarities between Bush and Hitler, why don't you also think about the differences before you jump to the conclusion that Bush=Hitler.
1) Hitler killed 11million people civilians during his war in Europe. Bush ordered a halt to the counting of civilian deaths in Iraq, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 11 million

2) Hitler was anti-Semitic and blamed Jews for everything. Bush's policies often indirectly targeted Muslims (some of which are anti-semitic themselves). So Bush is in a way pro-Semitic. :goodjob:

3) Hitler killed numerous sick people, elderlies and homosexuals. Bush merely cut medical expenses to the sick and elderlies, and merely branded homosexuals are sinners.

4) Hitler took advantage of a national disaster to turn the country away from Democracy, impose laws of patriotism and encourage spying amongst neighbors. Bush's favorite color is shiny.

5) Hitler was a disgrace to Germany. Bush is NOT a disgrace to Germany.

Now that you have the facts, maybe you'll think next time before you compare Bush to Hitler.
What the heck are you talking about? Sharpe's being sarcastic, poking fun at liberals, some of whom would be quick to compare Bush's actions to Hitler. I know detecting sarcasm online isn't the easiest thing, but considering you've been on these boards long enough, you should know sharpe's reputation for such things.

blindside said:
What the heck are you talking about? Sharpe's being sarcastic, poking fun at liberals, some of whom would be quick to compare Bush's actions to Hitler. I know detecting sarcasm online isn't the easiest thing, but considering you've been on these boards long enough, you should know sharpe's reputation for such things.
Um....in case you didn't know....stratego's post is also sarcasm....and a damn funny one too.

Sarevok said:
so when whill the "communists" burn the capitol building down, giving bush the excuse to abolosh personal freedoms?

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

blindside said:
I know detecting sarcasm online isn't the easiest thing, but considering you've been on these boards long enough, you should know sharpe's reputation for such things.
I know detecting sarcasm online isn't the easiest thing, but considering you've been on these boards long enough, you should know stratego's reputation for such things.

blindside said:

:mad::mad: Blindside, You sarcasm-polices are always so quick to point out other people's lack of sarcasm. :mad::mad:

Next time before you decide to point out people's lack of sarcasm, maybe you'd like to consider the following.

1) Sarcasm isn't always very obvious. Nobody is sarcastic all the time, so it's hard to know when they are.

2) Depending on their age, education level and social interactions people have different levels of sarcasm detection. :goodjob:

3) There will be people who can't detect sarcasm even if the sarcasm is completely obvious. Perhaps those people are mentally challenged.

So next time you decide you want to be a sarcasm police, know that other's have feelings too, because they may have more things in common with you than you think

Edit: Is "Sarcasm-Police" a new phrase? Did I coin a new phrase?

rmsharpe said:
This scandal obviously goes all the way to the top! BUSHITLER RESIGN NOW!
A comparisson of Bush to Hitler someone report him to the mods. :crazyeye:

I've got a strange feeling of Deja Vu :D

more importantly, rmsharpe spoofed the profanity filter!

CurtSibling said:
A school military liaison and the high school principal accused the girl of being "un-American" because she criticized the war in Iraq and the Bush administration's failure to give substance to its "No child left behind" education policy.

I'd like to point out that the worst crime you could commit in the USSR was to be 'anti-soviet'.

And what was a military liason doing in a school, and why would that position hold authority over a civilian matter?

I very much doubt that this will stand. America is a fair and just country. Sometimes it just takes a little time to correct these kinds of things.

"Po'ims laddy?! Do you reckon yourself a po'it?!"

Top Bottom