Speed improved

Jaqpike

Chieftain
One last GK post. I don't know if it's my imagination, but I have found GK to run speedier than vanilla. I played a standard game (won't bore you with my specs, but generally standard slows to a crawl for me) and it was playable right through to the end.

Going to try to live Large and play a large game.

I find that between turn time is increased, but the graphics and such run more smoothly.

I find really slower. But Zsaimejs said the graphics have improved.

One thing I noticed last night is that if you turn quick movement on, later turns speed WAY up (at least they did for me).

My goes have slowed but I attribute that to playing with more civs and city states than before. I suspect city states are contributing to the longer times as well as religion and espionage calculations. Graphically I agree it is working better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Actually the game is much slower for me after GK. Before it was only the AI turns that sometimes took a long time to finish but now I'm also lagging a lot during my turns when moving my units. It started in the medieval times and I had to set the graphics to minimum to stop it. However, when I reached the modern times, it started again. I guess it has something to do with the amount of units in game. Then again, I played on a standard map with 22 civs.

My game speed has definitely improved, I can now click through the early end turns much much faster now.

The game runs vastly better for me since the expansion; it's as if it has been entirely rewritten from my perspective.

Turns process very very quickly even in the late game. Large maps and even huge maps are now viable to play.

Given my hardware the original game ran ridiculously badly.

What determines game speed (i.e. time between ending one turn and being able to start the next)? I haven't noticed a difference between vanilla and G+K.

It can take quite some time but nothing seems to be the bottleneck- CPU usage is nowhere near maxed out (according to task manager), plenty of available RAM, I don't see how graphics would affect turn time (only frame rate), and I have a decent SSD so disk reads/writes shouldn't be a limitation either.

Its definitely slower later in the game, when the number of city states/AIs should be the same or lower than at the start, so I'd guess it is the number of units that is causing the issue?

Top Bottom