Speedy Gonzalez PBEM

Nighthawk419

Deity
Greetings everyone. PBEM's have slowed to a crawl these days, and I'm finding myself with wayyyy too much downtime playing single player games that are just not the same as having at least 1 other human involved.

Therefore, I am on the lookout for a small number of players (1-3 at most) to join myself and play a new PBEM with the super ambitious goal of playing multiple turns per day!

For those of you around here who don't know me, I almost always play between the hours of 10am and 6pm, EST (GMT-5) on Mondays through Fridays. Yes, that means I play while I'm at work (I have a sweet gig, what can I say), and yes, that's why I play PBEM's - my network firewall blocks me from playing live games. I will occasionally be at the office late and play into the evening, but never early than that, and almost never on the weekends.

This timing is crucial - I'm hoping to find other player(s) who might be able to play within that timeframe on most weekdays. I understand that there will be days it doesn't work, which is the same on my end. If I am traveling or just have a really crazy day, I might not get to it. But the reality is most days I should be able to do this and I'd like to find other(s) who might be in the same boat. Obviously vacations are a thing, so all I'd want to do is keep the group in the loop about vacations or longer periods when turns won't turn over so no one is drastically disappointed, but don't let this be a show stopper.

Since I'm mainly looking for speed, the game settings and such can be negotiated. I think it would be really fun to play with the Realism: Invictus mod, or the Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn mods (those are my current joys, they feel like what Civ 5 should have been)... but this also can be negotiated.

Anyone interested?

I am interested. I was always hoping that someone would suggest Realism Invictus. And yes it would require fast turn around, if I understand the scenario/mod correctly to make it worth while.

Enthusiasts though seem to spend a lot of time making corrections/changes that I am not sure what is the most stable versions or even if there is a pbem version.

If we did R:I we wouldn't do the "realistic" speed (slower than marathon I think!)... that's just nuts. I think if we did a smaller than super huge map with a faster speed than the recommended I think we could balance gameplay without it feeling unrealistic.

I'm pretty sure I tested out the last official release and PBEM worked, but I'd have to confirm that for sure.

Let's see if anyone else has any interest into early next week and worst case you and I can try something out next week Herc.

i like the idea of using realism invictus.
in any case, i can commit to one turn per day. more than that i think it's just wishful thinking :D

I'd be interest, though I can only guaranty 1 turn/day. Maybe an additional if the timing is right.

Regarding RI on normal early on its quite slow. So faster speeds and advanced start/era is a must IMO for a PBEM

I'd be interest, though I can only guaranty 1 turn/day. Maybe an additional if the timing is right.

Regarding RI on normal early on its quite slow. So faster speeds and advanced start/era is a must IMO for a PBEM

I tend to agree about problem with early starts being slow. After a while can speeds be adjusted? If not I will stick with normal. I think advanced start defeats the purpose of this mod.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Regarding the "if the timing is right" comment... I put the times I would be playing in the first post. If you can't commit to playing turns within that window then it absolutely defeats the point of this PBEM as I envisioned it. Alvarez, Michkov, what are your thoughts?

Early starts are slow, yes. But with the fast turnaround of a few turns per day, it should move quickly relative to other PBEMs.

Your window is ideal, late afternoon to midnight for me. I should be able to get a quick turnover in.

Everyone please check your email. We now have 4 potential players, so if we can start today that would be ideal!

Closed to new players. Thread will be updated with settings, etc, once the game is launched.

To those who have expressed interest so far, thank you. Please check your emails for selection of leaders and game setup.

Closed to new players? :( Ok ... anyone interested in a 1 on 1 pbem game?

Top Bottom