Spell for speeding up seige weapons?

feydras

Prince
How about an 'Animate wood' spell that permanently or temporarily hastes seige weapons and wood golems?

Or possibly allow Lurchip cats and cannon to get Mobility I.

- feydras

Why would the Lurchip need siege weapons. You can create golems that cast fireball. If there are any city defenses (or defenders) left when your Lurchip SOD reaches the city, you're doing something wrong. It's just one of the examples of how overpowerd fireball and meteor swarm spells are.

It'd be simple enough to give them Mobility I. As it stands Cannon are the only Tier 4 units for whom the promotion is unavailable, which combined with the effectiveness of fireballs and meteors means that usually all they get to do during a war is slow down stacks.

You should be able to dismantle them and carry them with any unit. They would not be able to attack/defend and would be destroyed if the carrying unit was killed. That way they are vulnerable while being moved. They would then be reassembled when you arrive at your target. This could operate much like attaching a great commander and splitting him off later.

Yeah, probably. Edit: I just tried it, and it works perfectly.

Based on how Rangers are handled, I'd guess that to do this you would give this too all melee units (or whatever units you want to be able to carry siege units):
Code:
            <SpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_SIEGE</SpecialCargo>
            <DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
            <iCargo>1</iCargo>

and changing <Special>NONE</Special> to <Special>SPECIALUNIT_SIEGE</Special> for each siege unit.

Of course, you would first need to make a special unit time for siege units, by adding his to CIV4SpecialUnitInos.xml:
Code:
		<SpecialUnitInfo>
			<Type>SPECIALUNIT_SIEGE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE</Description>
			<bValid>1</bValid>
			<bCityLoad>0</bCityLoad>
			<CarrierUnitAIs>
				<CarrierUnitAI>
					<UnitAIType>UNITAI_CARRIER_SEA</UnitAIType>
					<bUnitAI>1</bUnitAI>
				</CarrierUnitAI>
			</CarrierUnitAIs>
			<ProductionTraits/>
		</SpecialUnitInfo>

I may include this in my modmod

I think its important to keep a restriction on siege weapon movement. They should slow you down! City attack is easy enough as it is without making it logistically simpler. Any move to make siege weapons fast should be a special - particular unit or racial ability, definitely not a broad ability available to mainstream melee troops.

Top Bottom