Spending Discussions, 790 AD

Sir Donald III

Emperor
Well, guys, we've got over 700 Gold... Now how shall we use it?

We've got Spears and Horsies to Upgrade...

Embassies to Establish...

And even a Temple to Rush.

So let's get to it. Foreign, Military, waht say ye?

I say let us rush the Temple at Grumpypuss (Ibab) in about 5 turns. 92 Gold is not too large a sum to pay to ensure our holdings, especially since it's an extra source of Saltpeter. (If we rush it now, it'd cost 112 Gold.)

I'm not sure Ibabango needs a temple right now. It has a 0.014% chance of flipping to France. The territory gained (one plain, some desert and water) would not be very helpful at the moment, especially in this corrupt city.

I agree with rushing anything that needs to be rushed. That should be our first priority.

The FA department believes that all embassies should be a high priority, but particularly with the Zulu. Especially given we are wanting to trade with them, it will be valuable. Following that I believe we should look at the other continent, in order of strength.

Aw nuts, I thought I would get a chance to control the FAs Department for a while :p.
As Deputy, I beleve we should establish embassies in other lands :).

We should allocate a portion (240g?) for defensive rushes that will be used only if needed. This should be used for upgrading Pikes and/or Spearmen when a city is threatened.

I do not think we should do mass pike/spear upgrades as many of these units are providing simple garrison duty in inland cities that are not much at risk. If we upgrade all the spears then we can beat the tanks later :spear:

I would define need as:
case a is true AND either case b or c is true.
a. An Enemy offensive unit could attack the city in question and no other help could arrive in time.
b. the city could be attacked in 1 move.
c. the city could be attack in 2 moves and no other target is likely.

Agree with Zulu Embassy, but I would disagree with an Embassy in China. I'd rather have one in Azteca and perhaps America.

Top Bottom